[cir] Tillman Flats

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
puttz

[cir] Tillman Flats

Post by puttz »

Finally finished my latest track, Tillman Flats. I think this is one of my favorite tracks of the ones that I have made so far, and one of the few ones I've spent more than a couple of sittings on. It was probably one of my favorite tracks in NR1999 (Probably because it was the first add-on I ever downloaded), although unfortunately it's a little on the boring side to drive in GR. And yes, there is actually a farm just outside the track in the original version, in case you were wondering.
Attachments
Tillman Flats.zip
(37.25 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Tillman.jpg
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
DuklaLiberec

Re: [cir] Tillman Flats

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Unfortunately I can't compare your GR port to the original NR1999 version as I have never played this game, it is not bad by the looks of it though. Just keep your "conversions" coming :bg:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Thanks, Dukla :bg: I do want to keep doing various tracks along the lines of this and Ruudskogen from TORCS, I just have to figure out what to do next.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The people ... everywhere and have no deeper sense, doesn't bring much visual effect. Try thinking where to place them and equally important why (e.g. crowd near bend looking to same area on track, people in snake near tickets or fast food, family waiting on daddy to lock car on park, guys on path with one staying behind near a bush to relieve himself from beer overload, farmers on field, people walking around and looking into tents in paddock, people walking to towards stand, picnic in park, marshals near track, where a flag post could have sense etc etc). :)

Walls, when you're making a wall parallel to a regularly bent turn, all walls pieces have same relative angel to each other, if bend closes or opens the angle evolves in same way and keeps the regularity, but if you'll look one piece too rotated in and the other out to compensate it, the wall looks ugly in the end (e.g. bottom-left). But it's not a difficult rule to remember, is it. :shhh: If necessary draw a nice line in lmap, how a wall is indented and keep it while placing objects.
puttz

Post by puttz »

I tend to have a hard time placing people because of the way TE shows them, so I think they are much more dense then they actually are. And in the paddock, I just couldn't come up with stuff to put in there (I have no lmap art abilities to speak of), so thus the mass of people. I'm not entirely happy with it, but I can't come up with something better. Thanks for the advice with the walls, never thought of that method before.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff