[stu] [oth] Meta-Menu

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Spacethingy

[stu] [oth] Meta-Menu

Post by Spacethingy »

This is what happens after a long day, several glasses of cider, and a burning desire to make GR tracks... :mrgreen:

It's a main menu, for racing on, of course... The tracks are the download package for ToM August 2012. The used the screenshot to generate the heightmap, then tweaked it a bit, giving quite an interesting challenge in the "track selection pit of random jumping".

Have fun!

EDIT 31/10/13: Added a couple of new versions, with changes to start position and an "ultra-meta" version.
Attachments
MetaMenu.zip
file download
(43.8 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Screenshot
Screenshot
Last edited by Spacethingy on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stu] [oth] Meta-Menu

Post by Darjo »

It would give an even stronger inception feeling if you placed the starting positions next to the player name :D (just over the car image). And it would be cool if in the track list your track was selected.
The track idea is really cool, I just feel like the hmap is a little bit edgy, and so are the lines of cones. :)
Signatures are overrated
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

My initial thoughts were the same as Darjo, you missed a trick with the start positions. Also I feel the addition of objects (in particular the people) are quite unnecessary here. It would have been more 'Meta' to keep it object free and use the boxes to define the track as they already do.

ALso you could have used the 'start' as the first pit box, 'exit' as the last, with two on Options and Load in between.

Good concept though, just needed more refinement :bg:
Areen

Post by Areen »

Thanks for having Norisring in your track database ^^
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

What the...

Weird, but a good and quite funny idea
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Spacethingy

Post by Spacethingy »

Sorry for the long delay, bit of a hectic week. I've added a couple of new versions to the zip, with changes to start the start position (good idea!) and an "ultra-meta" version with no objects save for a few cones to mark the route.