[stc] [ral] Shibuya

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] [ral] Shibuya

Post by Sartalas »

Shibuya
Hi there!
I would like to announce that I finished work on a street course Tokyo - Shibuya. Track probably did not apply in the real world, however, was created in Dirt, and the streets are the truth, so that I could somehow reproduce the environment. Overall, it was guided by looking at the configuration of dirt and little stands, but there is also a lot of my interference. I hope you like it. Please comment;). Have fun with this track ;]!
Shibuya.zip
(51.29 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
shot0007.PNG
F * ck Yeah! The first street circuit completed <3
boomwagon

Re: [stc] [ral] Shibuya

Post by boomwagon »

the track looks great, and fantastic work on texture

…but it's almost unplayable.
You really need to add pits, especially for such a narrow course. I raced it three times and non of the cars managed more than 2 laps before they were badly damaged, so everyone was crawling round for the rest of the race.
I don't mind narrow sections to add a challenge, and you have got hay bales in some places, but all it takes is a single nudge from an AI car and it's race over.

The AI line needs tweaking a little as the computer cars seem to get stuck for a while at the chicane after the first corner.

I won't rate it yet as I think you have to add pits and make some of the track a little wider. If you don't want to make it wider, perhaps use soft walls instead of concrete, especially for the crossover area.

Looking forward to it being revised
My Tracks: Van City Moncour
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

boomwagon wrote: I raced it three times and non of the cars managed more than 2 laps before they were badly damaged, so everyone was crawling round for the rest of the race.
The AI tends to hit the inner concrete barriers at the right-hand 45° 4th/5th corner (depending on whether you count the chicane as a seperate turn) for instance. The hay bales do soften damage the cars sustain as a result of bouncing off the walls, but nonetheless they cross the finish line after but four laps or so heavily damaged according to my test.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Wonderful city, so much work. :up: But very truth about pit crews. :shrug: The pits could be here (and the area in ellipse moved bit upwards if necessary):
Attachments
shot0007.PNG
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

There is the Umbrella-Corporation in the underground.. :nippon:

Anyway, about the track:
boomwagon wrote:the track looks great, and fantastic work on texture

…but it's almost unplayable.
You really need to ....
I agree with :roll: