[cir] [rwl] Lime Rock Park

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] [rwl] Lime Rock Park

Post by Scholl »

Hi Guys,

New track:
Lime Rock Park in Connecticut, USA.
One of my favourite tracks and one of the first [rwl] I´ve ever made for Generally.

Now after several years, I wasn´t satisfied with my old version anymore and started completely from scratch.

I wanted to keep the track wide in order to keep racing fun. Unfortunately that´s why the three last corners almost feel like an oval...
This isn´t great for single player Hotlaps but it makes driving against AI´s much better.

Have fun! :bg:
Attachments
LimeRock.zip
(151.17 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
shot0017.jpg
Areen

Re: [cir] [rwl] Lime Rock Park

Post by Areen »

This track is so beautiful! You really nailed it! :bg:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Fantastic I cannot wait to give it a test, I was on using an old version the other day and thought it really needs another go by someone. Having driven so many hundreds of laps of this place in iRacing I felt a lot of the character was missing.

My only initial point would be that I think the wiggly straight between turn 4 and turn 5 could have been shorter; this would have allowed you room to rotate turns 5 and 6 slightly to make turn 7 (the final turn) longer as here it is it has a very short radius.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Bouncebackability wrote:Having driven so many hundreds of laps of this place in iRacing I felt a lot of the character was missing.
I think a lot of people that have played iRacing get a taste for these circuits.

I too am glad to see this circuit remade. It feels nice to race on and the HMap really throws you around. Also great looking LMap. :D Can't really add much more. :bg:
View my archived circuits/cars here
McBidouille

Post by McBidouille »

Really beautiful and full of details!
Nothing better to say than 5/5.
Pixels are stronger than polys!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Amazing. :-o Wonderful and so much fun thanks to the smooth layout and detailed hmap! :bg: few days ago Mosport, now Lime Rock. :bsmile:

Only two details - visual one is related to the lmap building's shadow, doesn't look like GR-noon. :shhh: And second, cones inside permane corners aren't the greatest idea IMHO for gameplay, no matter that it may be accurate. :scratch:

5/5 :up:
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. :bg:

About the lmap-building. You´re right. The shadow looks weird.
Maybe I should have used mud or the dark tarmac instead.
I struggled a lot with this building because it´s a unique landmark of the track and a combination of house and office blocks/ booths would have looked even weirder and not at all like the original building with the clocktower...
That´s pretty much the best I can do with Lmap buildings... :sweatdrop: