[cir] [stu] Snowy Valley

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] [stu] Snowy Valley

Post by Emil Patanen »

Hello, all! :)

I'm presenting you a new track to celebrate the change of the year. I started to make it today and I wanted to have one more for this year, so I didn't have much time for making it. Thus I decided to make a simple track, which is continuation to the style used in Tropic Isle. So, it's again meant look like it could be from some kind of old arcade racing game. This time the track is located in an opposite weather conditions, since it is located in a snowy valley. The track has a jump in the begining of the lap and the pit exit might be chaotic at times, because you have to drive the track few meters to wrong direction when returning from pits.

I hope you like the track and HIPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! :party: Try to be as weird as you can! :hippy:
Attachments
Snowy Valley.zip
(43.22 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Snowy Valley.jpg
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] [stu] Snowy Valley

Post by Trigger Happy »

Maybe bit more bumps on track surface? In any case very nice one, Emil! :bowdown:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks for your comment, Trigger Happy :) Nice to hear you like it :)

Someone else also wanting to comment? :)
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I kind of think that one jump does not make it so much stunt track :D. You should have used more jumps and funny parts here IMO.
It's not bad I just really think there could've been more of bumps, jumps and stuff :).
Areen

Post by Areen »

I didn't find nothing interesting here. This track is clearly too simple, and made in too easy way, for trackmaster like you. I'm sorry for being critical or something, but I don't see any big detailed effort, even if this track may be generallyish. And... 90 degrees corners all the time :x
puttz

Post by puttz »

Aren't trackmasters allowed to have some fun and do something different every once in a while? Everything does not have to be a high-detail [rwl] to be an interesting or fun track. And he was going for the a classic video game style, thus the 90 degree corners.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

:iagree: Puttz is spot on in this case, while I assume Areen didn't like Tropico Isle either, which may explain his disagreement.

@Areen: Would you have been of the same opinion if this work had been created by a beginner? If that track isn't your cup of tea regardless of its author's reputation, fine by me.
Crowella wrote: Well, first off, you can't please everyone. That's just a simple fact of life GeneRally.
Mad Dan wrote:I kind of think that one jump does not make it so much stunt track :D. You should have used more jumps and funny parts here IMO.
It's not bad I just really think there could've been more of bumps, jumps and stuff :).
Dan and Ivo, imo you are spot on here as well. :bg: