[rwl] [ovl] Langley Speedway (British Columbia)

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
JohnQ

[rwl] [ovl] Langley Speedway (British Columbia)

Post by JohnQ »

Langley Speedway
Canada
WS: 170
396m
2 versions (without pits and with provisional pits)

Wikipedia:
Langley Speedway was a 1/4-mile paved oval track used for stock car racing located in Langley, British Columbia. The track opened in either 1963 or 1965 (there are conflicting references on both this and the track length), and closed in 1984. The track hosted numerous classes of racing during its operational existence, including several visits from the NASCAR Winston West series in the 1970s. For the last few years prior to its closing due to its lease not being renewed, the track was known as Action Raceway.
Trees, some grass and more trees. Probably the most boring track you've ever seen in GR. But have fun ;d.
Attachments
langley.png
5/6/2013
5/6/2013
Langley Speedway.rar
(118.32 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
YoNnie

Re: [rwl] [ovl] Langley Speedway (British Columbia)

Post by YoNnie »

I think that wasn't a challange for you ;) However well done, but I think you could do this sand area (in top middle) more.. sandy.
ALL TRACKS
JohnQ

Post by JohnQ »

There was a small "accident" in 2013 and I don't have any current photos so... I ignored it ;x.
Attachments
acc.jpg
cocney

Post by cocney »

Nice job but when I saw your name beside the topic i expected something big and breathtaking. I am kind of disappointed. It is a good rwl but it is way out of your league.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

My impression is similar to cocney's one, it looks like you'd lack an ambition to do more than:
JohnQ wrote:Trees, some grass and more trees.
, despite the sources don't seem to be any issue. :scratch:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

@cocney: Have you ever heard of this circuit before, if I may ask?

The additional sources provided by Ivo may enhance the appearance of John's work further, but it would be unfair if you always were to expect mindblowing tracks made by renowned trackmakers.

I hope we won't experience another déjà vu from Emil's Snowy Valley and Cam's Kurnfield. Don't get me wrong, though, I don't mean to denounce these guys - who criticized their works - as "dissidents of the community", but when you comment someone's work a way too cynically, you must not be hypocritical when it comes to handling with criticism in your own works.
JohnQ

Post by JohnQ »

one thing
I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I decided to create this track, cause I like small, unknown tracks (like Ansan, Stratotech). And Langley was looking great for me. I didn't want to spend 3 months on working with the Spa or other Nurburgring. I had a free weekend and I had a lot of fun with this track. So you can talk whatever you want about a quality of this work or my trackmaking skill, but please, don't use words like "ambition" when you're talking about GR... There are no words like "ambition", "glory" or "reputation" in my "GR Dictionary". Maybe for you it's "something more", but not for me ;).

and sorry for my English :>
cocney

Post by cocney »

No offense! Nice circuit for relaxation. I just guess that you spoiled us with your awesome tracks like Maciej1 did.

Dukla believe me that I haven't heard for many of this circuits. I'm not that big fan of motorsports like u guys.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

It's pretty nice actually. I don't understand all the bashing. Is it because it is an oval? Deal with it, guys.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

I like ovals, and oval racing, and this track is top quality ;) :)
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.