[cir] Bunbury Motorsport Centre

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
YoNnie

[cir] Bunbury Motorsport Centre

Post by YoNnie »

Hello my Generalliers!
Today I present you my latest track - Bunbury Motorsport Centre!
You might see Bunbury - this is name of the real city in Australia but track is fictional.
My lmap drawings aren't so good because on this track, I don't know why, it was very difficult, so I think I did my best.
Hope you'll enjoy this track!

Thank you for 19 downloads before uploading new version :)
Attachments
Bunbury.rar
(65.15 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Bunbury Motorsport Centre.PNG
Last edited by YoNnie on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALL TRACKS
Rebellion765

Re: [cir] Bunbury Motorsport Centre

Post by Rebellion765 »

Great effort, dude! I just think you should fill this empty area, but anyway, great track! 4,75/5
Rebellion765
Formerly known as IndyCARman and Shifted.
Latest track: Lake Koenig | Latest car: Dallara SF19
Steam profile | I post about Ridge Racer at Lucid Rhythms
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

I don't know why, but i have feelings, like you cut the track by scissors :ouch:
[attachment=0]Bunbury Motorsport Centre.PNG[/attachment]
But anyway. I really like it. Lmap details, and all the surroundings are done well. :star: :star: :star: :star: :halfstar:
Attachments
Bunbury Motorsport Centre.PNG
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
B@stos

Post by B@stos »

I didn't tested it yet, but seems a nice track you got there, despite the simple layout (Sometimes is all that it asks for!) :mrgreen:

By the way, the center really seems a bit..how can i say..empty? And yet it was not bad! 4/5 :bg:
Working at the Top Gear Game series circuits, wish me luck! :D
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

The infield is very empty. You should put in there sth. but still 4/5 :bg:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

There's nothing wrong in having the infield empty. The only thing that IMO should be added to the infield is a run-off area after the second last corner (like in the picture below). The reason why that infield area looks somewhat boring is because it has too monotonous dithering. You could have made the dithering lighter in some places, and in some places there could have been little bit mud and so on. Also, the big tarmac area in the middle seems to change too surprisingly into grass. You could put mud or border color on the grass next to the border of that tarmac area (look at the 2nd picture to see what I exactly mean) :)

Otherwise the track looks great. Especially the top left and bottom right areas of scenery look so good that I can't find from there anything I would do differently :bg:
Attachments
Bunbury Motorsport Centre 2.PNG
HowTo_Burbury.PNG
HowTo_Burbury.PNG (3.54 KiB) Viewed 3980 times
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thank you guys for so many replies! I'm very happy for this.
About your attentions: Yes, I completly screwed up with dithering on the central part.
@FRUKIScze: No, I didn't plan cut this ;) You can see tarmac stylized as normal and as concrete blocks, what is used on the old airports. This is because I wanted to make this part as the residues after abandoned airport which was remade to the circuit.
@Emil: Thanks for the tip, I will apply this in future efforts :) It annoying me, when someone writes that track is empty, so is bad and is unfinished. Does every track have to be fill in completly? I was inspired by Australian tracks, they are often empty in and out of layout. And it's ok. So I didn't want to make walls on place marked by red line, because I knew I'd make more and more walls and it would spoil all track. But you have right, dithering on the centre is really bad. If you want, I can remake it.
ALL TRACKS
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Emil's spot on, racing courses with large grass infields (I'm not referring to superspeedways btw ;) ) are in fact not uncommon. I can't come up with a concrete example, but you should go figure.
Emil the ZZW wrote:The only thing that IMO should be added to the infield is a run-off area after the second last corner (like in the picture below). (...) Also, the big tarmac area in the middle seems to change too surprisingly into grass. You could put mud or border color on the grass next to the border of that tarmac area (look at the 2nd picture to see what I exactly mean) :)
Hence FRUKIS's initial thought. ;) In that regard, I concur with him even though he didn't the different pavements.
YoNnie wrote:If you want, I can remake it.
Be my guest. :)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I uploaded new version with runnof like on Emil's post and with some changes in the center of the track, like you said :)
Everything is in 1st post.
I hope you'll like it.. again. And I hope you'll like this corrections :)
Enjoy!
ALL TRACKS
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Good that you updated you track. :bg: :up:

But I find that the middle of the track is still empty. You should add there some stands or something like that that the track looks better :)

But it is still a litte better. 4,1/5
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

RobertRacer99 wrote:Good that you updated you track. :bg: :up:

But I find that the middle of the track is still empty. You should add there some stands or something like that that the track looks better :)

But it is still a litte better. 4,1/5
Ehm.. Did I write I want to make track which'll be so empty? I think I wrote so please, dont write the track is too empty because I wanted to be it empty.
ALL TRACKS