[tpk] [cir] [ovl] Tosk

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Fermmoylle

[tpk] [cir] [ovl] Tosk

Post by Fermmoylle »

Once again an oval and a road course on the same track, but using a 255 world size this time.

I've based the layout on SlovakiaRing.

It's a difficult circuit--watch for the outer wall!
Attachments
Tosk.zip
(89.34 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
tosk.jpg
Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin
YoNnie

Re: [tpk] [cir] [ovl] Tosk

Post by YoNnie »

Hmm, it reminds me Eurospeedway and Autodromo Oscar Galvez... And SlovakiaRing ;)
You have nice idea of making surroundings there!
I think only bad thing of your tracks is this what it looks - no, it don't have to be full of dithering, lmap cars and all to look good. But this track isn't very nice. Sorry, if I hurt, but for me, if I would want to race on track, I would want to race on nice looking track.
ALL TRACKS
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

YoNnie wrote:I think only bad thing of your tracks is this what it looks - no, it don't have to be full of dithering, lmap cars and all to look good. But this track isn't very nice. Sorry, if I hurt, but for me, if I would want to race on track, I would want to race on nice looking track.
No, it didn't hurt. :-)

But can you be more specific regarding how can I improve this? What does is lack to become a good track in your opinion?
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Fermmoylle wrote:But can you be more specific regarding how can I improve this? What does is lack to become a good track in your opinion?
Hmmm.. I think I'd write how I would make lmap. Maybe I'm not the best but some things I can you write to improve your skills:
- dithering. I see you do this, but clicking spray tool (or something similar to this) on some places is ugly. How to make this better? Mix some colours. How I make this? First I put colour around all of ground in TE (for example if you put point of tarmac, around this circle is light colour, a bit darker than grass), next some gravel, then, by the pencil, paintbrush or line i draw little points of sand and mud (mud is "edgy" and is very very visible so I put this the least). Obviousely it's exapmle, you can experiment and all.
- people are on the grass. You can for example make there tarmac (or draw by light and dark tarmac concrete blocks on the lmap - look at my last circuits for example, I like to make it because it looks nice )
- In center of the track you can make runnofs, make more trees.. More creativity ;)
- And outside track - some roads, some sidewalks from the stands (to people behind concrete walls, for example)
At end, why I'm pressing to make circuit like rwl? Because this track looks like rwl-esque. I'm making almost only that track (if you want look at my tracks, look at tracks other better tracmakers too) so I know what to make there. In other, non rwl-esque track every hint don't have to be, it can be use. Obviousely you don't have to use this hints, but I wanted to help, if you request help :)
ALL TRACKS
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

It was a very comprehensive list of tips, thanks.

I don't have what it takes to create a good rwl track, so I don't even risk it anymore (I tried it once, and I disliked the whole process). Otoh, at least I can work on fantasy tracks. :-)

Next time I create a track I'll keep your tips in mind. :-)