[ral] Giant Stone Rally

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] Giant Stone Rally

Post by Emil Patanen »

Good morning, everybody :wave: :coffee: I've got already another track finished. This time it is a rally track, which goes through two desert areas, a jungle area and a mountaineous area. The track has slow parts and fast parts, in some places it's challenging and in some places it's quite easy, so it should be a great driving experience. Hotlapping in the track is fun, but you should also be able to do races with 6 six cars without any problems, even though it might look from screenshot like races with AIs would be chaotic. I was actually surprised, how well the AI drives.

I continued on this track with what I had been experimenting in Cucamonga. I put in this track more effort than I usually do put in rally tracks (had more patience this time :roll: ) and I think this might be competing for the title of my best rally track.

AI line has been tested with General and several rallycars released here on forum.

I hope you'll enjoy it and leave many comments :cool:
Attachments
Giant Stone.zip
(86.76 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Giant Stone Rally.jpg
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ral] Giant Stone Rally

Post by Emil Patanen »

No comments? :( Maybe I should quit trackmaking and concentrate fully on carmaking only? :scratch:
Latest releases:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Emil Patanen wrote:No comments? :( Maybe I should quit trackmaking and concentrate fully on carmaking only? :scratch:
No no no. You make good tracks, you should still making tracks!

A nice rallytrack in the desert with stone mountains! But I'm not really happy with the boxes..... :hide:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :exstar:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

I will start by saying that I download like 5% of the rally tracks that are posted, cos I don't really like rally stages and rally cross, and the most of the other tracks usually are just an off-road rally in a forest/desert with a boring layout...
So, I actually believe that your track is my favorite rally track in this past year :D
This said, I still think that there would be some things I would have done differently. The textures are quite good, but you could have probably added a little more details. Also i'm not 100% sure I like the mud border around the track. That "giant stone" is quite interesting though, and I am probably gonna copy use it as an inspiration for my future tracks.
The driving is quite pleasant, those stones in the bottom part are a really nice touch, even though it took me a while to get used to driving through them.
What car do you use/recommend for this track?
Signatures are overrated
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

Emil Patanen wrote:No comments? :( Maybe I should quit trackmaking and concentrate fully on carmaking only? :scratch:

If You stay in trackmaking only by coments, I don't know for what You do this...
Last edited by Sartalas on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Because You are not Maciej1 (+200 for positive comments).
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks, RobertRacer99 and Darjo, for commenting on the track :bg:
RobertRacer99 wrote:No no no. You make good tracks, you should still making tracks!
No need to worry about me stopping trackmaking :mrgreen: I wasn't seriously asking that :)
RobertRacer99 wrote:But I'm not really happy with the boxes..... :hide:
I guess you mean pits by boxes? It's an old tradition to make the pits like that on rally tracks, for example in many Mad Dan's rallies the pits have been made like that.
Darjo wrote:So, I actually believe that your track is my favorite rally track in this past year :D
Great to hear that! :bsmile:
Darjo wrote:Also i'm not 100% sure I like the mud border around the track. That "giant stone" is quite interesting though, and I am probably gonna copy use it as an inspiration for my future tracks.
I tried 4 or 5 different ways how to make the roads and I thought that this kind of sandy roads with mud borders looked the best :) Nice to hear that you found the "giant stone" inspirational :D
Darjo wrote:What car do you use/recommend for this track?
For rallies I usually use either WRC 2013 cars or Group B cars both made by Mad Dan. The AI line of this track has been tested with both of those cars. And in case you'd like to use original cars, then I suggest to use General. Also, MonsterTruck maybe could fit this track, but I haven't tested the AI line with it. But I would say that the Group B cars are the best option :)
sartalas wrote:If You stay in trackmaking only by coments, I don't know for what You do this...
That question wasn't meant to be taken so seriously... :roll: I was just a little bit frustrated, when asking that.

Anything else to say about the track?
Latest releases:
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

In topics of my tracks, usually aren't coments but I do this beca use I love that and I know coments give big motivation, but You can't say "I end with trackmaking because there isn't any coments." ;)

Have fun with that!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

@RobertRacer99: Just like you I wondered why the pitcrews are being used in this way on rally circuits and I recalled someone (I believe it was you, Emil) explaining that they are meant to represent a flock (or several flocks depending on how they are allocated on the track) of spectators as an alternative to the actual *technical* spectators in TE.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes, like when a bunch of guys helps to get back on road to car, which went off on the stage. Less disturbing the rallye atmosphere than a sterile pit lane. :-)

Beautiful track and the AI line really works, even with full 6 cars, perfect work. :bg:
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

It is good track.
I understand Emil. You make a track/car for users and no response. I have same situation.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Hummm.. I can say it's so much driveable! But it doesn't mean it's easy. Quite challenging track. And nice for eyes. Good work Emil :)
ALL TRACKS