[ral] Scrapes

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] Scrapes

Post by TuomoH »

Almost a full year without track releases but today I present you 4 brand new tracks! :D

Scrapes is a small rally-type track around a small village. One of the two new tracks that was completely built from scratch during my summer vacation. Recommended car is General.

Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment! :cool2:
Attachments
scrapes.jpg
scrapes.zip
(70.46 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ral] Scrapes

Post by Darjo »

I noticed you didn't get any reviews or opinions on this track so I figured I'd say something.
I like the fact that you combined object-placement experimentation to lmap experimentation, cos some of the other abstract tracks always seemed a little bit plain to me. The textures are quite interesting and infer from the name that they played a big role in the creation of the track. May I ask how you made them?
The driving is not super fun, cos you are turning 90% of the time and there's no room for relaxing. The object placement also makes the driving even more awkward. It's hard to get an interesting driving experience in very small world sizes, but I was a little bit disappointed :(
Signatures are overrated
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ral] Scrapes

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the comments, Darjo. :)
Darjo wrote:The textures are quite interesting and infer from the name that they played a big role in the creation of the track. May I ask how you made them?
It uses a photograph of ground I took as a base. I then changed the palette to GR palette and did some color adjusting, then started the track on basis of that. Actually, Abelton also had a similar starting point but the photo was different so it lead me to a different place. :)

Other comments?