[stu] [ral] Riverhill

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stu] [ral] Riverhill

Post by TuomoH »

Almost a full year without track releases but today I present you 4 brand new tracks! :D

Riverhill is a rally track that features a jump. The AI isn't perfect since it doesn't like the tight turn after the downhill section. Originally started 10 or 11 years ago with hmap and the layout, only came back to the track now! :D Recommended car is General.

Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment! :cool2:
Attachments
riverhill.jpg
riverhill.zip
(54.22 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stu] [ral] Riverhill

Post by Darjo »

My initial impression was that this track had something slightly odd that bothered me, but I couldn't say what it was. After a while of driving I just suddenly realized that the edges of the sandbox completely destroyed the "rhythm" of the track. It feels like you just wanted to fit all the things in the sandbox and didn't have enough space. The top left corner could have been larger for example, and the bottom straight is just squeezed into the track. The gameplay is quite pleasing nonetheless. I really like the textures in the left side of the track, very nice indeed. Let's hope you can have some more interesting stuff to show us :D
Signatures are overrated
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stu] [ral] Riverhill

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the comment, Darjo. :) You know, you're completely right about the sandboxiness of the track. I didn't even notice it before your comment since I've played the "original" version of the track every now and then for the past 10 years and am very familiar with the rhythm. :rofl:

Other comments?