[cir] Kelwer Fields

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Danador12

[cir] Kelwer Fields

Post by Danador12 »

Hi guys!
Here we go with the last track from the Kelwer Basin! I'll miss those work, probably :liar:
Btw, i'm very glad that i've finished another group of tracks, after my trackpack.
So...here's the track! I hope you'll have fun driving there. Other informations are in the readme!
See you soon!
Attachments
Kelwer Fields.jpg
Kelwer Fields.rar
(45 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
MotoPunk

Re: [cir] Kelwer Fields

Post by MotoPunk »

Neat track, I really like the layout and the Hmap work is good as well.
Scenery is a little different, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a biome with Cacti, palm trees, and pine trees :rofl:

Only real criticism is the AI line. last turn before the straight AI tends to jump the tire and coming out of the pit they like to slam that wall. Apart that good job!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Finally! ;) This one is a fun track to drive, I especially enjoy the first half. The AI is doing otherwise good job but as MotoPunk says, they often jump the last corner which may cause several cars to pile up. I like how the top half looks but I feel that maybe you didn't know what to do with the bottom half and rushed it a bit. Despite these small critics, it's a keeper! :bg:
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

I like the idea of the track. The mix of road and permanent circuit.
You did a good of creating a tropical feeling and the overall style of the track is consistent and very nice.

A little bit of criticism:
The track look a bit messy. The width changes a lot and the white lines are not very neat.
Maybe try using external programms a bit more. Snake Editor works well for me. Also for placing aobjects in a very neat way.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Scholl wrote:Snake Editor works well for me. Also for placing aobjects in a very neat way.
SnakeDitor is a cool tool but it has a big danger of making a track that doesn't flow nicely. One really needs to think when making the layout with it. :)
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Thanks all of you for your feebacks! I'll replay to all of you!
For the last corner, i'm sorry, it seemed not a big problem :doh: btw you can modify the AI o move the sunk tyre a little bit.
I give all my attention to the layout, i'm not very good in create bioms, so any strange kind of couple of trees is casual.
Tuomo perfectly sum up the situation:
TuomoH wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:54 pm I like how the top half looks but I feel that maybe you didn't know what to do with the bottom half and rushed it a bit. Despite these small critics, it's a keeper!

It's exactly gone this way: For Kelwer Fields i had three difference layouts, three difference world aspect, so yes, i rushed the work once I was near the end of it.

For Snakeditor, i've tried it, but i don't have fun with all these tools, i used GIMP, but more often the classical track editor and for HMap i use GRMHEdit. Half reason is that i'm not good in use others programs :rofl:, half reason it's the fun, it doesn't seems generally to me if i use those others program, but it's my problem, i know it!
Thank you all again! :D :D