[oth] Kaotik

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[oth] Kaotik

Post by TuomoH »

Kaotik is a short figure of 8 crash course. The AI is far from perfect but I don't think you'll notice it mid-chaos. ;) The AI has been designed for General.

As usual, comments and criticism welcome. :cool2:
Attachments
kaotik.jpg
kaotik.zip
(41.33 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [oth] Kaotik

Post by XYY »

I quickly tested the track and I want to share following impressions:
  • I was positively surprised by the textures, from looking at the screens, I thought it was the same plain "rectangle" texture you used in tracks like Pargas and Deter St., but fortunately it isn't :goodvibes: If I may ask, how did you create this texture (especially the mud parts)?
  • The track leaves little room for errors. I made a few 5 lap races and each time I made a mistake, I was last afterwards :mrgreen:
  • The longer you drive the track, the funnier it gets. At the beginning I just jumped hopelessly off in each corner, but racing becomes more interesting when you think you know the track quite well - and then suddenly a bump throws you off a bit (but not like at the beginning, where you're far behind every AI and miss every braking spot)
  • You have to drive this track with at least 4 other players to have it chaotic enough at the crossing ;)
  • This could be a perfect track for a race with 5-6 human players. Unfortunately, I don't have enough friends who like GR enough for that...
  • I like the surroundings. Probably because of the textures and because you didn't experiment much in this one. ;)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [oth] Kaotik

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot, XYY. :cool2:
XYY wrote:If I may ask, how did you create this texture (especially the mud parts)?
To tell you the truth, I don't fully remember since I've made so many tracks in a short period. :rofl:
You have to drive this track with at least 4 other players to have it chaotic enough at the crossing ;)
I always drive with a full grid. ;)

Other comments?