[stu] Sundae & Daesun

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stu] Sundae & Daesun

Post by TuomoH »

Here we've got two small stunt tracks which share an inverted hmap. The races can get quite chaotic, especially at Daesun so maybe you shouldn't use too much damage. The AI has been designed for General.

As usual, comments and criticism welcome. :cool2:
Attachments
sundae+daesun.jpg
sundae+daesun.zip
(56.53 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stu] Sundae & Daesun

Post by Darjo »

I honestly feel like the fact that you posted so many tracks in such little time isn't so ideal cos then people don't have the time to digest all these tracks. It's like if you had 10 awesome movies at the cinema at the same time, people would just focus their attention on one or two of them, even if the others are good. Maybe I'm saying something really weird but I hope you understand what I mean.
About the tracks: I really like the hmap on these; it seems like you build Sundae and Daesun around this concept of having a leveled hmap. I really like these drastic hmap changes that seem to appear in many of your tracks. The fact though is that these tracks are quite small, and while still being fun, I think that you can't exploit the full potential of the concept in such a small ws. This is also how I feel about some of your other abstract tracks.
The lmap fits the tracks quite well in this case. I noticed that you seem to be using a quite rough brush/texture in your latest tracks am I right? I honestly think that sometimes you overuse it and the lmap ends up looking messy (I didn't really like the pargas lmap)
Last edited by Darjo on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are overrated
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the comment, Darjo. :)

I fully understand that I may have posted too many tracks lately but what can I do? After almost a year with no tracks I've been suddenly filled with inspiration, have finished all of them at the same time and didn't want to sit on them any longer. :D

You're right about the hmap here - the Daesun hmap came before anything else. And the ws - maybe I should try a bigger ws for a change. :scratch: It's just that I love these small tracks. :D

As for the textures, I think I'm done with experimenting with these heavily messy lmaps such as Pargas (which I obviously like since I released it like that). But never say never. ;) Definitely understand they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Other comments?
zgr

Post by zgr »

Sundae ist a brilliant track, so much fun on this track, great :bg:

But Daesun...mmh, I don't know...there are some good but some bad points
First the bad points:
- I don't really like the placement of some objects
- The green "park" in the center down't look good to me, I don't know, maybe it's just me :sweatdrop:
- Too many objects :talkth:

But the good points:
- Lmap and Hmap are brilliant
- Great idea, both tracks :)

It's just my opinion, but like I said: Great idea and Sundae is a great track :goodvibes:
Hello.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the comment, zgr. :)

I agree that Sundae is the better one. I realized that Daesun was quite filled with objects so I tried to have a little less of them for Sundae.

Other opinions?