[cir] Pryce Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
utopist

[cir] Pryce Circuit

Post by utopist »

Hello, ppl!

This is my first track — Pryce Circuit.

A circuit with a couple of long straights and three U turns. Most of the curves are geometric, so might seem a wee bit rigid. But like I said, this is my first track, so I'm generally(ha!) afraid to experiment and poke around. I know I have a lot to learn and need to up my standards, but one step at a time. Please try it out, my progress depends on your feedback.

Best played with Formula One cars. But hey, I'm am F1 fan, so I'm biased.

Made with amatuerish passion, criticism more than welcome. :bg:
Attachments
Pryce-Circuit.jpg
Pryce.rar
(25.11 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
cocney

Re: [cir] Pryce Circuit

Post by cocney »

Welcome to trackmaking world utopist!
I saw that you are a F1 fan when I opened your post. This circuit is yelling: "I am Sepang's younger brother!"
It is very good first track, much better than mine. You have some learning to do in paint (dithering track and lmap, better runoffs, cars, etc.). Take a look at tracks made by track-making masters and you'll see those skills that you may apply to your work. Hmap is boring. Play with it and make it more interesting and exiciting than it is now. Pit lane is wide and you could save some space by moving pits closer to the pit lane.
I am very pleased to see new trackmakers around and you have potential to be a good one.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
utopist

Post by utopist »

thanks, cocney!

I see your point, yes...need to improve my lmap skills. I tried a few hmap techniques, but came up with lumps around the track, and lost patience with that 64*64 bitmap. :D
But yes, I'll take your insights, and will try to right all that in my next track!

Thanks again, buddy!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Check out GRHMEdit for working with hmaps. It's a very powerful tool, particularly the spline editor. That particular tool takes a little getting used to, but it's extremely powerful and helpful one you do.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
utopist

Post by utopist »

Just downloaded GRHMEdit and holy cow its phenomenal!

The fan base for GeneRally never ceases to amaze me.
Hermes

Post by Hermes »

Nice Track
It remember too much Mugello for me. :)

congratz
sorry for my spelling mistakes
Eu me achei no colo do meu par (Banda do Mar) SONG
I found myself in the arms of my pair (free translated)
My stats in GWR (thanks Jo.sk)
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Hermes wrote:Nice Track
It remember too much Mugello for me. :)

congratz
I also think that this track is more similar to Mugello than Sepang. Overall not bad track and deserves to be nominated for ToM.

Since you're an F1 fan I'd like to ask you a question utopist - what inspired you to name the track Pryce Circuit. My first association will be that the track was named after Tom Pryce - a former F1 driver from Wales, who lost his live in a ridicilous accident 37 years ago.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Judging by its name I guess it is named in honour of Tom Pryce. I concur with concey that it is reminiscent of Sepang due to these two straightaways running parallel to each other. It's just the coniferous trees that don't correspond to the tropical climate in Malaysia. :P

All in all, nice work.
utopist

Post by utopist »

@Hermes and ivaneurope— Yup, Mugello and Sepang were my two main sources of inspiration for this. Good guess! :)

@ivaneurope and DuklaLiberec— Correct, I wanted to name it after someone who wasn't very famous, but needed more recognition than they were currently getting. :)