[cir] Grande Sarandi

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Wojtek

[cir] Grande Sarandi

Post by Wojtek »

Hi, everyone :)

My new circuit: Grande Sarandi
Attachments
Sarandi.zip
(76.12 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
shot0006.PNG
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [cir] Grande Sarandi

Post by Herbal »

Well, I've got somehow mixed feelings about the track. It's good, but that could have been much better.

Pros:
+ Layout is just great
+ Authentic, 70's like F1 feeling

Cons:
- Complete lack of runoffs at several curves, the track is narrow
- It's good at some places that there are empty spaces, but that much is just a waste.

Since I've seen you've tried the track with Polish F1 pack, I guess the actual matter is, that you did plan the track only for cars with higher grip values. As such, when I've tried the track with updated General, I've hit the walls numerous times. And believe me, I'm not THAT bad racer. Most critical points are marked, I've helped you with this picture, how I've imagined the modifications.
Attachments
shot0006_mod.PNG
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

It could be really good track, but I think there are some things made bad as for example runoffs and wall placement (EDIT: Herbal was faster and mentioned that earlier). If you'd wait for release and take some time for rethinking of some things it could be better. Also dithering and some other things on lmap looks like was making fast. Pity cause idea of the track is really nice and original (I like the surroundings, they have some "spirit"), also layout is interesting. Unfortunately everything was making too fast in my opinion.
ALL TRACKS
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

You made a very nice track. It's has a very good late 60s, 70s feeling. :bg: But it's really a bit narrow, but this is because it's a 70s track. :) But the starting fields are too near to each other. And if you made a better version, then as a evolution track. ;)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Well this one divides opinion. I think the surroundings are fantasitc, a few minor details could be improved and I dont like the yellow text, but the two villages are superb.

In my view the layout is a bit of a let down for a track of this style though, with too many hairpins and few fast corners. Bottom left would make a great long left hander for example. It is perhaps a bit too narrow, although the run offs arent a huge issue in my view, except at turn one.
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Well, how almost everyone said, this track have a '70s look, but in various parts the track i feel that are a bit closer (atleast if you want to make a wall style like Catalina Park), you need to make more open the track, in the upper part i don't like much the planes ''show'', look too unfinished the track IMO, the best idea is replace it with a bit more houses, a ''dusty'' parking, or a forest zone.
:star: 4,2/5 :star:
B@stos

Post by B@stos »

I think it's great :)

:star: :star: :star: :star: :halfstar:
Working at the Top Gear Game series circuits, wish me luck! :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The atmosphere reminded me, how much I miss a decent version of Chaika autodrome in GR. :scratch:

Well done! :up: