[stc] Piazza San Bob

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] Piazza San Bob

Post by AleksiNir »

AleksiNir wrote:I am almost 100% certain that I will never publish another track.
:talkth:

Fortunately I said almost, since here I am again :cool2: While I haven't been making tracks for a while now, I've still been getting ideas for new tracks every now and then. However the effort required to actually create the track felt overwhelming so I never actually started making one. However, this time the idea I had was so simple and so clear in my head that creating the track seemed much less of a task. And indeed, building this track took me way less time than it usually does.

I had a slightly different approach to making this track than I usually do, usually I make the circuit itself first and then build a landscape around it, however this time I made the city first and then slapped a circuit on it. I think it shows, since the circuit isn't very impressive, but I think the city is of higher fidelity than if I would've done it the usual way.

world size: 130
track length: 346
average lap length: 10s
recommended car: formula

The track looks best with 16:10 resolutions, so play it with one of those if possible. It's almost as good in 16:9, and there's also a version for 4:3 resolutions, but please avoid that if you can... :sweatdrop:
Please enjoy the track and let me know what you think of it :)
Attachments
piazza san bob.zip
(71.07 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
bobislovebobislife.jpg
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Re: [stc] Piazza San Bob

Post by masa »

5/5 :misch: I love.. you..
:woohoo:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'd not believe this is your track. Great surprise in many ways. :clap: Keep them coming, please. :yummy:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Trigger Happy wrote:I'd not believe this is your track. Great surprise in many ways. :clap:
Hmm, I know what you mean. It looks different from my other tracks, but I still definitely can distinguish it as a child of my own. :love:

Thanks for the comments, Ivo and masa. I'm happy to hear that you like it. :bsmile:

Any more comments, please? :shy:
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

:o It looks amazing! :bg:
You said "the circuit isn't very impressive", but surely it's very challenging, the AI line is competitive and the inside cones are very tricky.