View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average. 
 [stc] Piazza San Bob 

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post [stc] Piazza San Bob
AleksiNir wrote:
I am almost 100% certain that I will never publish another track.

:talkth:

Fortunately I said almost, since here I am again :cool2: While I haven't been making tracks for a while now, I've still been getting ideas for new tracks every now and then. However the effort required to actually create the track felt overwhelming so I never actually started making one. However, this time the idea I had was so simple and so clear in my head that creating the track seemed much less of a task. And indeed, building this track took me way less time than it usually does.

I had a slightly different approach to making this track than I usually do, usually I make the circuit itself first and then build a landscape around it, however this time I made the city first and then slapped a circuit on it. I think it shows, since the circuit isn't very impressive, but I think the city is of higher fidelity than if I would've done it the usual way.

world size: 130
track length: 346
average lap length: 10s
recommended car: formula

The track looks best with 16:10 resolutions, so play it with one of those if possible. It's almost as good in 16:9, and there's also a version for 4:3 resolutions, but please avoid that if you can... :sweatdrop:
Please enjoy the track and let me know what you think of it :)

Attachments:
piazza san bob.zip [71.07 KiB]
Downloaded 164 times
bobislovebobislife.jpg
bobislovebobislife.jpg [ 216.43 KiB | Viewed 1447 times ]

Sat May 16, 2015 7:31 am
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Wizard

Post Re: [stc] Piazza San Bob
5/5 :misch: I love.. you..
:woohoo:

Sat May 16, 2015 11:36 am

GeneRally Trackmaster

I'd not believe this is your track. Great surprise in many ways. :clap: Keep them coming, please. :yummy:

My GR Racing Stats; thanks to GWR!

Tue May 19, 2015 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Trigger Happy wrote:
I'd not believe this is your track. Great surprise in many ways. :clap:

Hmm, I know what you mean. It looks different from my other tracks, but I still definitely can distinguish it as a child of my own. :love:

Thanks for the comments, Ivo and masa. I'm happy to hear that you like it. :bsmile:

Any more comments, please? :shy:

Wed May 20, 2015 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail

:o It looks amazing! :bg:
You said "the circuit isn't very impressive", but surely it's very challenging, the AI line is competitive and the inside cones are very tricky.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.