[oth] [roa] McLaren Tech centre

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Kengp

[oth] [roa] McLaren Tech centre

Post by Kengp »

McLaren technology centre is the HQ for McLaren Automotive, and has interesting complex design. I thought i would be cool to make a fictional track out of the paths and roads around the centre. It is a fast, narrow track with few slow corners and a long hairpin.

Some of the water in the small lake gets onto the main white path as you can see here
MTC screenshot 1.png
MTC screenshot 1.png (151.91 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
but im not sure how to rectify that :sorry:

This track was tested with formula but id recommend racing on it with Lorenzo's latest carpack.
Attachments
MTC screenshot.png
McLaren TC.zip
(39.1 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [oth] [roa] McLaren Tech centre

Post by Trigger Happy »

For some reason the trk version has no pits. :scratch: Some more things to improve: hard to remember, where is s/f line, the light tarmac lines on roof look a bit rubbish (inconsistent width and directions, so it distracts from seeing 3D effect of the whole thing) and the plain light tarmac roads on right look boring compared to that nice grass textures in bottom left. :scratch: Playing is nice otherwise, you have great ideas. :up:
Kengp

Re: [oth] [roa] McLaren Tech centre

Post by Kengp »

thanks for the feedback. there where a few problems with the HMap editing, i couldnt make a custoom track surface, only the the bits around it i.e The grass, and building.
I have some ideas of how to fix that though. Also i'll put down a download with the pits in it.