Tracks for a championship.

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Maddog17jr

Tracks for a championship.

Post by Maddog17jr »

First off i didn't really know where to post this so if you all think it should be somewhere else please let me know. I am thinking about running two different championships one an oval racing series like NASCAR, and an endurance series on road course. I would like to use non original generally tracks so I need your help. If anyone has tracks that they made and will let me use for them that would be great. I will be making my own tracks for the series but would like more than what i can come up with. I don't know what cars I will be using yet so the tracks would have to be adaptable for cars that turn quick and not so quick. For those of you who do donate tracks thank you. You will be recognized for the tracks you made, and for those of you who don't feel like letting me use your tracks thank you for taking the time to read my post. Have a good day and God bless.
Maddog
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Tracks for a championship.

Post by TuomoH »

You might want to check The Official Permissions Thread where many people (including me) have given permissions to use their tracks in competitions, and under which terms it is ok to do so. :cool2:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Also, if you don't know anything about the permissions, it's never a bad idea to directly ask the authors by writing a personal message (although you may have to wait very long for replies of some persons) :)
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

XYY is right. I always ask for permissions (except GRPL trackmakers).
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Buka

Post by Buka »

Step 1.
TuomoH wrote:You might want to check The Official Permissions Thread where many people (including me) have given permissions to use their tracks in competitions, and under which terms it is ok to do so. :cool2:
Step 2 (if needed).
Look at the date of the track release, because:
9. The user, who organizes a GeneRally competition with help of a discussion topic at the forum, may use GeneRally addons released at the forum without prior explicit permission of addon's author if:
i. the author doesn't demand opposite explicitly and clearly in an introducing text of the addon in its topic, reply, readme, comment or by another remarkable and certain way in time of release;
ii. the organizing user gives credits to the author;
iii. the organizing user doesn't modify the addon without author's explicit permission with exemption of:
a. checkpoints, speed limiters, AI lines or starting positions, which are freely modify-able, if the author of addon track doesn't explicitly forbid this option by similar way as mentioned in section i.;
b. safe-pits customization, if the author of addon track doesn't explicitly forbid this option by same ways as mentioned in section i. and the organizing user includes download link to unedited original version of the track into track's comment, readme in competition's gamepack, competition's website or forum topic;
c. using of particular exported car from a carpack, if the author of addon carpack doesn't explicitly forbid this option by same ways as mentioned in section i. and the organizing user includes download link to unedited, original and full version of the carpack into readme in competition's gamepack, competition's website or forum topic.
14. These rules are in force since 26th May 2010.
Rules of GRIF
Step 3 (if needed).
XYY wrote:directly ask the authors by writing a personal message