[ral] Ivujivik - Rally Nunavik

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
thegreatfalcon

[ral] Ivujivik - Rally Nunavik

Post by thegreatfalcon »

:rally: Ivujivik :rally:

The mood is to snow Canadian rallies right now I think so here's mine! :D

It's a fictional rally which is held in the so immense city of Ivujivik roughly lost in the so big territory of the Nunavik. Nunavik is the northern part of my province and is basically dedicated to the first inhabitant of our great place... The cars are sent by plane there (Ivujivik) via the airport and then they roll about 2KM east to go to the rally loop stage. This rally is obviously held in winter since it's the only moment the cars can race due to the fact that any other time period, the ground is really too hazardous and f***** up to even go on it... Since we're in the great north, you might hit a caribou or two while you race... hope you have some good roll cage to protect you from that... :scratch: Some good driver once made about 48 seconds using "Echo-ing" prototype rally car... I personally run near the minute there with that same car... (which will launch someday...) The track is mainly snow but with some icy spots - watch out.

Some history:
At last year's rally, a drunk man on his ski-doo has hit a poor Subaru without defence... Hopefully, the drunk guy died and the Impreza had no other damages than some scratches... :stretcher:
Every year, someone hit a caribou which is great since it makes something for the racers to eat... :goodvibes:
In 2001, Josh McApple crashed his Lancer EVO V in the river which resulted in a total damage for the car... The guy jumped and has been saved.

The track is good for duel racing with an AI but watch out: The AI may be very dangerous and fast!

ENJOY!

EDIT: New version with less rocks and a stage version of the track.
Attachments
Ivujivik v101.zip
Less rocks and stage version
(133.38 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Ivujivik.zip
(93.23 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Ivujivik.png
Last edited by thegreatfalcon on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raska

Re: [ral] Ivujivik - Rally Nunavik

Post by Raska »

First to comment ! :hiya:

Good work TGF. :clap: But what have you against the caribous ? Tabernak ! :P
I see that Fechna's good idea of loopstage have been heard. I guess you're right and we'll see more of them in the future. :yummy:
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Fechna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Fechna »

Loopstage, yeah! :heyea: :heyea: :heyea:

Looks very good and the story is nice as well. But the Stones are making me absolutely mad! I just can´t drive it with my own cars! :d&a: Could you make a version without the stones?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I couldn't really drive it with my Group N cars either, and the layout is not entirely obvious either (like Fechna did, you should've used something to point it out). However, it isn't a bad looking track.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

I think markings on the road to point the track would be just stupid looking and when you drive the track once you'll figure it out anyway.

Shouldn't the river be frozen :scratch:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Thanks Raska, Fechna, Luke and Quklis for those kind and useful comments :bg: Let me just download some track editor and those stones will get away... :roll: And about the layout, I just went with the optic that you should always continue your way... Don't turn unless you have a tree showing up in your bumper... (or a caribou) :stretcher: :lol:
Quklis wrote:Shouldn't the river be frozen :scratch:
It's a very flowing river so no... :D
Raska wrote:But what have you against the caribous ? Tabernak !
LoL

EDIT: See post #1 for new version with less rocks and with stage version ;)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Snow has melted!!!! But...?
The Great Falcon wrote:This rally is obviously held in winter since it's the only moment the cars can race due to the fact that any other time period, the ground is really too hazardous and too f***** up to even go on it...
Yeah, I know the ground is ****** up... But I think Monster Tracks can handle it :misch:

ENJOY! :rally:

message edited by DXTR: watch your language, young man!
Attachments
IvujivikM.jpg
Ivujivik MeltedUp.rar
(60.52 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by CamrosX »

Nice rally. Reminds me of a Jet Moto suicide course. But yeah I love to zoom by headon traffic. It's a great track!
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Language please TGF.