[cir] Throughston

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Throughston

Post by Emil Patanen »

Hi, everybody! :wave: It's been quite long since my last visit here, but now I returned to release this track and maybe might even make some new before the end of the year.

I started this track soon after releasing Norrisring and got it something like 98 % ready, but then it got left lying on my WIP folder. Today I finally did the last finishing bits to it, so I could release it.
It is a mini-rwl version of Thruxton. When I made this track, I tried to catch more the feeling of a club race track to this track instead of making it look very much like the real track like I did with my previous two mini-rwls. Also, I had already implemented an airfield into Bronzerock and I didn't want make this look like a replica of Bronzerock, so I decided just to make the layout based on Thruxton and make the scenery more fictional.
I first tried to make a chicane in the place of last turn like in the real track, but I just didn't get it to work, so I decided let the last turn be like this.

I hope you'll like it and also leave some comments :cflag:
Attachments
Throughston.zip
(49.52 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Throughston.jpg
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Hormous

Re: [cir] Throughston

Post by Hormous »

Good track Emil! I'm always a fan of these kind of tracks, so thanks! :D
Layout is unluckily too similiar to Brozerock M (but a little more difficult) while the empty space on the center makes this track looking like Wiltshire by Dragon.
It's seems to me like a sort of mixture of these two tracks, but I know it's reductive to consider it on this way because is really a good mini replica of Thruxton.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Throughston

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks for the comment Horrormous, glad to hear you like it! :bsmile:

I also realized that the layout is quite similar to Bronzerock M, but thought that they are still quite different; this layout's corners have more rounded feeling and has only one straight you are turning practically all the time whilst corners in Bronzerock M have more sharp feeling and there you also get to drive straight for some time. Also, this track has no run-off areas on the outside of the track, which makes this track unforgiving, if you drive wide in a corner.

I didn't notice that Dragon had used similarly styled infield in Wiltshire. I remembered that BBA had made this kind infield somewhere, so it was his work, which inspired me to make this kind of infield.
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil