ToM discussions thread

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Raska

ToM discussions thread

Post by Raska »

Hi :gr: folks, :wave:

With RSC troubles it was a strange/difficult period for us and of course a pause for the ToM. But don't worry we'll be back and we hope to be even stronger than before, thanks to all of you !

It has been more than 6 years that the Track Of the Month recognize the best creators/artists and store the best tracks made by the community. And we'll keep this tradition up ! For that, we of course need your help.. so continue to work on your tracks and to vote !

For starting, we (the ToM staff) bring back this topic.. So, you can also help us about our discussions on the future of ToM. We surely will consider the GRRF as the new forum, at least for a while and so change the rules.

Here you can discuss about everything related to the ToM.

For now, our discussion between the ToM staff (GeorgM, Ivo [the new member from a little while but we never said it publicaly :champa: ] and me) are mainly on the members identity... before it was related to the RSC member's ID. Of course, we could use differents things (IP addresses, mail addresses, GRRF member's ID, voting through the site,...) but we are agree to use a forum as bases. The idea moved a little bit and now it's to have BTW a GR member's list. Let us know your opinions !

The next steps, are to finish the november election and organise the next elections... It of course depends on how/where the GR community will evolve... I surely forgot something but that's it for now.

Remember to vote, you still can vote for the november 2009 election... as long as GeorgM don't say it's finished. For that, you just need to send a PM to GeorgM with your 5 prefered tracks between the nominees.
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Buka

Re: ToM discussions thread

Post by Buka »

Have you votes that were sent already? My, for example.
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

Thanks Raska for starting this thread!

For a long time I have planned to leave the GeneRally community, but as you know I stayed. However, I still want to leave, especially because my studies take a lot of time, so I'd like to say it official that Raska and Ivo will be my followers :band: and they already have done very much for ToM! Ivo is one year in the team now, due to Raska's absence, but now he's back. I think I will stay for several months or even longer, and I'll visit the forums at least sometims after. Nevertheless I'll maintain the ToM website as good as it's possible for me.

Raska wrote:Remember to vote, you still can vote for the november 2009 election... as long as GeorgM don't say it's finished. For that, you just need to send a PM to GeorgM with your 5 prefered tracks between the nominees.
Damn! I've just realized that all votes are lost together with RSC! :oopstable:
But as we will merge November and December (I think this is the better solution) I'll start a new election, and then you'll get more info. Thanks to Ivo we have all the nominated tracks, which I will upload as a pack (I have the permission of everyone except felipebart and IndyCARman, but I guess they won't have anything against)

Regards from the cold Germany!
Raska

Post by Raska »

Yep... :oopstable:

I didn't thought at that as I voted by mail... :lol: Anyway, we'll add the december tracks so it'll be a new election.

BTW the GR member's list idea, is to have the emails, forum IP and birthday of every interested member of the community. :ghug:

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

GeorgM wrote:But as we will merge November and December
Well, do you agree on this? In fact, we would have enough tracks for 2 elections. What's the opinion of the community?
Buka

Post by Buka »

I want 2 elections.
Raska

Post by Raska »

I also prefer to have 2 elections.

But we want to hear your (past or future voters, trackmakers, every members of the community) point of views/opinions, folks !

Competitions I've won :

Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

I'm also for two votes: we've got enough tracks to not merge the two months. ;)
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

:iagree:

for me it´s ok, just we need to see somewhere those December nominations....
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I have no problem with both variant, we have enough tracks for 2 elections, but it's not so big number, that one election would be wrong too. Anyway, when is an end of voting?
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

Alright, I've started the November election. I hope 5 votes is not too much, with 14 nominee.

After this election we will have the December/January/ToY elections.

BTW, the server of this forum seems quite slow.
Raska

Post by Raska »

Dan Hakulin wrote:for me it´s ok, just we need to see somewhere those December nominations....
That's right... and the problem is about the tracks released on RSC which aren't posted here. We have all of them but are wondering if we should nominate them all and what we do with the tracks that were published on GRITA instead of RSC. Also how nominate them ...

Competitions I've won :

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

tracks from rsc - add pack on ToM for voting, no legal problem, major part of guys already did general permission. Same can be did with november tracks to make election more comfortable.

second, imho grita only from english section (max). In past other grita tracks from italian section had to be reposted, future should be same. But imho I would not count even the english section, it should be part of the election in month, when e.g. haq post the track here or on any official forum in future. But opposite solution would not hurt me much too, so like you wish. ;)
Raska

Post by Raska »

Ivo Porc wrote:tracks from rsc - add pack on ToM for voting, no legal problem, major part of guys already did general permission. Same can be did with november tracks to make election more comfortable.

second, imho grita only from english section (max). In past other grita tracks from italian section had to be reposted, future should be same. But imho I would not count even the english section, it should be part of the election in month, when e.g. haq post the track here or on any official forum in future. But opposite solution would not hurt me much too, so like you wish. ;)
Well, for me, it's better to work with only one forum too but it's a particular situation... So, exceptionnaly I'd consider also the tracks released on the italian forum during the downtime. We could do a list of nominable nominees (all the tracks we have from december) for render the things more easy for our voters/nominators..

Competitions I've won :

Buka

Post by Buka »

We have problems with ToM December, don't we? We don't have any nomination.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Will be solved, we discuss it since yesterday night. Don't worry to nominate from Decembr's track here on forum, we also work on list/pack? of RSC tracks from December to give all opportunity to nominate/vote them. ;)
Raska

Post by Raska »

Everything is ready and in fact, I'll make the results of the ToM november so you should send your votes to me, but we'll accept every votes made to a ToM staff member.

The only thing we need is your (all) participation :ghug: vote, nominate, express yourself ! :bg:

Competitions I've won :

Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

wont it be easier that you allow all tracks released in december up for the vote, then if someone remembers one its just added to the list. just a thought, i cant imagine it would affect voting results for this one month...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The problem is, that we know only 4 tracks from RSC by names, which are missing (more in December thread), so we cannot add the other to nominee page. And in fact it obviously mean no votes for the track in praxis, because voters choose only from nominee page obviously. So I don't thing, that it worth to make the exemption for this month.
Raska

Post by Raska »

Ivo Porc wrote:The problem is, that we know only 4 tracks from RSC by names, which are missing (more in December thread), so we cannot add the other to nominee page. And in fact it obviously mean no votes for the track in praxis, because voters choose only from nominee page obviously. So I don't thing, that it worth to make the exemption for this month.
At contrary.. I think it's worth to make an exemption as it's a really particular case.

I mostly agree with BBA... so we disagree inside the ToM staff, then we need your opinions for choosing a good solution ! Give your :2c: folks...

Competitions I've won :

bduddy

Post by bduddy »

I'm not exactly sure why you would want to have an election without nominations; while some people might have a list of all the tracks, or something, most of the voters probably wouldn't have any idea what to vote for. How about this: instead of going through the nominations process, because it's already Jan 22, people should simply post all of the tracks released in December that they can find, and then we can have a normal vote. Good idea?
I like short, simple signatures!
Raska

Post by Raska »

bduddy wrote:I'm not exactly sure why you would want to have an election without nominations; while some people might have a list of all the tracks, or something, most of the voters probably wouldn't have any idea what to vote for.
There will be a normal election with nominees...
bduddy wrote:How about this: instead of going through the nominations process, because it's already Jan 22, people should simply post all of the tracks released in December that they can find, and then we can have a normal vote. Good idea?
That's the point. We have all tracks (or quiet, let us know if that's not the case)... I'm favourable about nominating all the tracks we have. Ivo don't want to consider some tracks (released on GRITA). Everyone can already nominate the tracks that were posted on RSC, the list is in the december thread.
Ivo and me are agree to keep the nomination process... but the time flyes... so at worse, we could nominate directly all the tracks but we still have the time IMO.

Competitions I've won :

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Lukeno1 wrote:...
Rallye Bohemia (all stages) by Dan Hakulin
This is not nomination, but disqualification, because in fact, this is the best way if you want to be sure, that any of the stages will not be in the final ToM pack. It would be miracle, if one of the stages would get 2 votes, if we'll accept this as nomination.

But if you want, I can add all 14 stages to nominees page. ;)
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Ivo Porc wrote:
Lukeno1 wrote:...
Rallye Bohemia (all stages) by Dan Hakulin
This is not nomination, but disqualification, because in fact, this is the best way if you want to be sure, that any of the stages will not be in the final ToM pack. It would be miracle, if one of the stages would get 2 votes, if we'll accept this as nomination.

But if you want, I can add all 14 stages to nominees page. ;)
How about just nominating the 1st stage if someone wants to vote for the whole thing? Although if someone really wanted to vote for a particular stage, I guess they could...
I like short, simple signatures!
Raska

Post by Raska »

bduddy wrote:How about just nominating the 1st stage if someone wants to vote for the whole thing? Although if someone really wanted to vote for a particular stage, I guess they could...
No, because the trackpacks would be somewhere advantaged by a such rule IMO.. in that exemple, if you like one of the 14 stages you could vote for it, then there are higher chance to find a track that you like in 14 than in one.

So, it'd have been better if Luke had nominated a stage or two... In fact, I said it was acceptable but I somewhere missed the fact that there was 14 stages... It'll have to fight for the PoY I guess.

Now, if Luke nominate a particular stage or if someone vote for a particular stage it'll be counted for the ToM. Luke give us an answer so we can start the next votation.

BTW what do you think, dear voters, the deadline should be the 28th february or the 7th march ?

Competitions I've won :