[roa] Murble Road

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
puttz

[roa] Murble Road

Post by puttz »

Another lmap I had sitting around that I finally decided to do something with. This one is another one of my mini-street type tracks, along the lines of Kantoorosud (if anyone remembers that one). This track is on the outskirts of a town, and every year the local Murble Restaurant hosts a series of races on a track laid out in the area around it's restaurant, including a tricky chicane section in it's own parking lot. Drivers from the area show up in old beater cars to race and win cash and gift certificates to the restaurant. Download, enjoy, and leave a comment if you are so inclined :)
Attachments
Murble Road.png
Murble Road.zip
(39.27 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [roa] Murble Road

Post by Garbre »

These types of tracks are perfect for a party! Simple, but fun! Yet it needs a considerate amount of concentration. I tested it with the original GeneRally formula car and, I sucked. :rofl: The corners are so tight that we crash into each other frequently. Thank you for using such a small world size! It's so comfortable to race when you can see yourself clearly on the screen. I wish we would have more tracks with a world size lower than 200.

I appreciate that you made backstory for the track! I have a hunch that it was inspired by real life experience! :D This reminded me of the Papa's Pizzeria games which I like really much.

Still, I want to point out two things. I usually race against opponents with 100 Ai, but they got stuck on objects (the armco barriers on the left and the hay bales after that in the lower section); they hit them nearly every time and without any reason. I guess you were testing with smaller cars? Anyway, that wouldn't be such a problem, but after that, they try to enter the pits and because the pit crews are so close to each other the cars get confused and stuck on hay bales. Take a look at what happens in the save file! A good solution would be to swap the order of the pit crews and the hay bale chicane since there's not much space. So the cars reach the pits sooner than the hay bale chicane.

The last thing isn't serious, but rather funny. Is the wavy Ai line intentional in the lower left corner? :D

So, anyway, I had fun with this track! I like it better than Motor Park; and thanks for using my landmap pack! Keep up the great work! :bg:
Attachments
MurbleRoad Test Run.rar
Maybe this only happens to me? I don't know.:/
(19.51 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
puttz

Post by puttz »

They ran fine with the cars I tested them with (my street stock cars), so it's probably not optimized for faster, gripper cars. That's the trick with these type of tracks, it's hard to get the AI line good for all cars. As for the wavy AI line, that is intentional. That was a tip I saw somewhere for making the cars brake in turns they have problems with. Before I put that in the AI slapped the bottom edge of the world every time, but after I did that they were okay. Thanks for the comment :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

This is one of the funniest track, on which I have recently driven :mrgreen: The racing is many times quite chaotic due to many tight corners. I like very much the pit placement, which makes drivers lose very little time, when pitting, and thus making several pit stops is very good strategy here.
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil