[stc] City Race Track or Something I Don't Know.

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
rooboty

[stc] City Race Track or Something I Don't Know.

Post by rooboty »

Or C.R.T.S.I.D.K. for short...

The handbook for uploading tracks says that it isn't really a good idea to use generic titles, but I just have no idea what to name the track, sorry. :worried:

The track takes place in a city, there is one bridge and a road under it. There are two small parks, and a pit crew. The lmap is made entirely on the normal track editor. I did use GRHMEdit for the hmap. Here is the map:
shot0000.png
CityTrack or something.zip
(10.02 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
FYI this is my first public track. I hope everyone who actually downloads this likes it. :bsmile:
- Post made by: Оня с Коня
The Grimeloid

Re: [stc] City Race Track or Something I Don't Know.

Post by The Grimeloid »

First track? I've seen worse.

With the default track editor, you won't have a Track-of-the-Month level of track, but this one is ok. It can be a bit annoying because of the yellow lanes and I think the pits should have been larger, but it's ok.

You don't have a name for the track? I have a suggestion: Nuna Road. Why Nuna Road? I have no idea, it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Tip: Programs like Snakeditor can provide better tracks, although they can provide a long learning curve, but there are many tutorials of how to use it (You can see it in this forum under the "Tutorials" section), because, after all: No one knows everything.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
puttz

Post by puttz »

Although it may not look great, I can tell you actually put effort into making it look at least presentable using only TE. Much better than a lot of the "My First Track" tracks we see that are utter crap thrown together in about 5 minutes in TE. If you take the time to either learn SnakeEditor (which I actually haven't learned :D ), or try free-handing in paint, I think you can go places. :bg: Out of curiosity, why did you decide to do the pits as oil?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
rooboty

Post by rooboty »

Well first I have to say thank you! :bsmile:

I am really happy that you think the Track is ok, I always feel that people might not like my stuff or not notice it and that's why I don't post on forums or different sites... :(

BTW puttz I put the oil in the pits because I kinda fell like it would match? You know repairing cars, oil everywhere BUT I might have put a bit too much oil. Well it's still funny watching the cars slide around like crazy. :D
- Post made by: Оня с Коня
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

Welcome to the GeneRally International Forums, rooboty! :wave:

Thank you for reading through the handbook for uploading tracks thread! That's so nice of you!

That's generally not a bad track for beginner trackmakers! The layout is really good! We always like tracks with roads going under each other. Although the object placement and lines aren't perfect you still made a very busy environment. My first tracks used to be so densely packed. I assure you that with external editors like Microsoft Paint the lines would become much better.

Sorry to say, but I laughed at the pit lane! :D You are so cruel! Isn't it enough you put oil under the pit crew? You even put sunk tire in the entrance so cars will jump at the pitmans. And there's only one group! It's hilarious what the cpu go through just to get their cars repaired! This track is about survival, which is challenging. And driving carefully can be enjoyable!

Hope you stay with us for a long time! :bg:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Really crazy street track :drunk: So many places, where you can easily crash, so making a race without any damage is a real challenge here. Visually very good, when taking into account, that you've used only Track Editor for Lmap. I'm just wondering, what that muddy area is meant to be?

There is one mistake, which you have made in all of your tracks: you have put the starting grid in reversed order, so that the 6th on grid is now starting from pole and the 1st on grid starts from 6th place.
rooboty wrote: but I just have no idea what to name the track, sorry. :worried:
I also find it challenging to make up a name for a track many times. For some reason it is so hard invent a good name. :?
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil