View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average. 
 [cir] Vaaner Raceway 

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post [cir] Vaaner Raceway
Hello, everyone! :wave: Here's a new track from me to cheer up a little bit the Tracks forum, which seems to be less active nowadays.

It's been about half a year since my last track release, so I thought it's about time to finish at least one of my WIPs. Unlike three previous tracks of mine, which had WS close to 100, this one is a big WS 210 rwl-like track inspired by Qurpiz's works. The layout and Hmap are mainly based on Saozbe Raceway, the 4th track ever I released here (5 and half years since it's release! Can't believe it's been so long since my early trackmaking days). This isn't an update though, but a new track made from scratch. There are 2 layouts included; a long GP layout and a short one.

Hope you'll like it and leave some comments. :)

Attachments:
Vaaner Raceway.zip [114.38 KiB]
Downloaded 200 times
Vaaner_GP.jpg
Vaaner_GP.jpg [ 291.41 KiB | Viewed 1469 times ]
Vaaner_Short.jpg
Vaaner_Short.jpg [ 289.11 KiB | Viewed 1469 times ]

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: [cir] Vaaner Raceway
Hello to you too! :mrgreen:

So I started making maps and cars for not so long (I actually created this account like 1.5 weeks ago) and I do feel that if all the other people are giving their opinions on my maps I should give mine to other people.

First I have to say that The track is very well made (of course :bsmile: ). I do really like the little details like the lining on the pit crew or the little gardens with flowers. I tested the tracks with a normal mini and one of my fast cars, and I do think that it is better to drive a slow car on the track. The AI also works perfectly.

I'm just wondering what external editing programs do you use to make the track? :D

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:22 pm

GeneRally Trackmaster

Love both layots. Thanks for posting!

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:14 pm
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks for your comments, rooboty and Black Rebel :)

rooboty wrote:
I'm just wondering what external editing programs do you use to make the track? :D

On this particular track I used GRHMEdit for making Hmap and GIMP (a free image manipulation program) for making layout and Lmap.
In many of my other tracks I have also used SnakEditor for making the layout.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

I like a lot the short one, for longer version I'd rather turn to top right immediately after turn 1. :scratch: 5/5 :bg:

My GR Racing Stats; thanks to GWR!

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:04 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Trigger Happy wrote:
I like a lot the short one, for longer version I'd rather turn to top right immediately after turn 1. :scratch:
Thanks for the comment, Trigger Happy :) I also thought about an option of making a third layout, where there would have been a turn right after turn 1, but I decided to stick to having just 2 layouts, which would remind a lot the layouts of Saozbe Raceway. I did so, because I wanted to make a kind of polished version of Saozbe Raceway, in which the layouts wouldn't be too different, even though made from scratch and changed from few places to fit better into a non-fullscreen track, but the scenery, run-offs, pits, object placement and dithering would be more carefully made. I thought that making that 3rd layout would be against my original plan behind this track.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:35 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 5, 5.00 on the average.