[cir] Vaaner Raceway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Vaaner Raceway

Post by Emil Patanen »

Hello, everyone! :wave: Here's a new track from me to cheer up a little bit the Tracks forum, which seems to be less active nowadays.

It's been about half a year since my last track release, so I thought it's about time to finish at least one of my WIPs. Unlike three previous tracks of mine, which had WS close to 100, this one is a big WS 210 rwl-like track inspired by Qurpiz's works. The layout and Hmap are mainly based on Saozbe Raceway, the 4th track ever I released here (5 and half years since it's release! Can't believe it's been so long since my early trackmaking days). This isn't an update though, but a new track made from scratch. There are 2 layouts included; a long GP layout and a short one.

Hope you'll like it and leave some comments. :)
Attachments
Vaaner Raceway.zip
(114.38 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
Vaaner_GP.jpg
Vaaner_Short.jpg
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
rooboty

Re: [cir] Vaaner Raceway

Post by rooboty »

Hello to you too! :mrgreen:

So I started making maps and cars for not so long (I actually created this account like 1.5 weeks ago) and I do feel that if all the other people are giving their opinions on my maps I should give mine to other people.

First I have to say that The track is very well made (of course :bsmile: ). I do really like the little details like the lining on the pit crew or the little gardens with flowers. I tested the tracks with a normal mini and one of my fast cars, and I do think that it is better to drive a slow car on the track. The AI also works perfectly.

I'm just wondering what external editing programs do you use to make the track? :D
- Post made by: Оня с Коня
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Love both layots. Thanks for posting!
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks for your comments, rooboty and Black Rebel :)
rooboty wrote:I'm just wondering what external editing programs do you use to make the track? :D
On this particular track I used GRHMEdit for making Hmap and GIMP (a free image manipulation program) for making layout and Lmap.
In many of my other tracks I have also used SnakEditor for making the layout.
Latest releases:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I like a lot the short one, for longer version I'd rather turn to top right immediately after turn 1. :scratch: 5/5 :bg:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Trigger Happy wrote:I like a lot the short one, for longer version I'd rather turn to top right immediately after turn 1. :scratch:
Thanks for the comment, Trigger Happy :) I also thought about an option of making a third layout, where there would have been a turn right after turn 1, but I decided to stick to having just 2 layouts, which would remind a lot the layouts of Saozbe Raceway. I did so, because I wanted to make a kind of polished version of Saozbe Raceway, in which the layouts wouldn't be too different, even though made from scratch and changed from few places to fit better into a non-fullscreen track, but the scenery, run-offs, pits, object placement and dithering would be more carefully made. I thought that making that 3rd layout would be against my original plan behind this track.
Latest releases: