[rwl] [cir] Barbagallo Raceway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Barbagallo Raceway

Post by Black Rebel »

Hi all,

it has been a long time, I know. :mrgreen: But I felt I owe this community an updated version of Barbagallo, so here it is. I didn´t wanted to update the old thread, as the changes has been massive so I think it deserves a new post.
BBG_long_layout.jpg
BBG_short_layout.jpg
So these are the changes I have done so far:
- New pit lane.
- New pit facilities.
- New paddock.
- Edited curbs as to how they are now in what comes to lenght and colour.
- New grandstands in the old paddock.
- New tyre walls in the high part of the circuit as they are real life.
- New tarmac extra runoff areas.
- Improved last corner shape and old pit entry.
- And few more things you won´t notice.
BBG_forum.jpg
You will find out the pit limiter is at the beggining of the pit lane. That is because it is the only way I found to stop the AI cars as at that point there is a big downhill and the cars got smashed on the pit wall. In here I am only including the long version of the circuit.

Find it here:
Barbagallo_Raceway_2_layouts.zip
(150.13 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Enjoy! :bg:
Last edited by Black Rebel on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
RobertRacer

Re: [rwl] [cir] Barbagallo Raceway

Post by RobertRacer »

Barbagallo was already one of my favorite tracks on GR, thank you for updateing it for today's form. ;)

Also, is it possible to have the Short layout too?
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

These crowded slopes look very good and natural, it makes a really good, vivid atmosphere. Tyre walls look really great too, in this form they could become a standard for other circuits - if only we had invisible soft walls that would be a perfect match...

The thing that bothers me though is the width of the track, I've always thought that it makes the racing just a little bit too easy and basically that was the reason why I haven't raced on this track too often, it always felt just a little bored after few laps, even considering the very simple layout. Have you thought about decreasing the WS to, let's say, around 220? Because the track just feels better that way, but it might be just me...
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Lorenzo wrote:These crowded slopes look very good and natural, it makes a really good, vivid atmosphere. Tyre walls look really great too, in this form they could become a standard for other circuits - if only we had invisible soft walls that would be a perfect match...

The thing that bothers me though is the width of the track, I've always thought that it makes the racing just a little bit too easy and basically that was the reason why I haven't raced on this track too often, it always felt just a little bored after few laps, even considering the very simple layout. Have you thought about decreasing the WS to, let's say, around 220? Because the track just feels better that way, but it might be just me...
Thanks for your words regarding the circuit. Indeed an invisible soft wall would be a great addition, and even a 3D soft tyre wall. Many things could be added.

About the circuit being too wide, I have a different opinion. For me the circuit is challenging, even the layout is simple and not so narrow as other circuits might be.

RobertRacer wrote:Barbagallo was already one of my favorite tracks on GR, thank you for updateing it for today's form. ;)

Also, is it possible to have the Short layout too?
Thanks a lot Robert. I will upload the short version tomorrow.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

First post updated with both versions of the circuit.