[stc] Pennington

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] Pennington

Post by TuomoH »

Pennington is a fast street course but there are some quite demanding places. The AI crashes every now and then but gives run for your money nevertheless. The AI has been designed for Formula.

Btw, the layout has been made circa 2004 and I had the hmap idea already back then but was too lazy to implement it until now. :D

Hope you enjoy and feel free to drop a comment. :)
Attachments
pennington.jpg
pennington.zip
(59.17 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Jeeves

Re: [stc] Pennington

Post by Jeeves »

Neat little mini-Monaco. :)

Impressive Hmap and scenery, but unfortunately I find it really difficult to race on the track due to the fact that it's so narrow. The unforgiving concrete walls are something I can deal with while hotlapping, but add in the (savage) AI, and boy am I in trouble. They're quite savage to the pit crews as well. :o

It's a nice idea though - having the characteristics of a real-life track, while taking some GR-esque liberties with the layout. I would imagine something like Imola or Melbourne would yield some pretty nice results with this style (albeit with a slightly wider track).
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Oh man I like this layout so much, I could put it up on my wall. I like the visual style of the track but I think having like half of the track filled with water is a bit too much, more could and should've been done, for example a harbor area would've fit nicely above the final hairpin :scratch:

The way you put it makes me think you remembered your plan for the hmap from 14 years back, which is pretty remarkable :mrgreen:
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Visually the track is great! I also like the layout and the surroundings.
However it is very narrow for racing against the AI. At least with the General or Formula.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks, mates. :)

I know it's narrow! Personally, I like how with the AI you need to be on the toes and really wait for the opportunity to pass. :D

Aleksi, I contemplated adding a harbor but decided against this. As for the hmap plan, you read that right! But it wasn't that hard to remember - through these years I've come back to this layout again and again, refreshing my idea about the hmap so it wasn't like I forgot about this for 14 years and then suddenly remembered the track and the plan. :D

Other comments?