[oth] [stu] [ral] Santa Lucia

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
mickymax69

[oth] [stu] [ral] Santa Lucia

Post by mickymax69 »

Second track: a shore, a port in summer time, roads around and some foolish pilots...
For those who enjoy.

Edit: Upgraded to v1.1 10.2019
Attachments
Santa Lucia.jpg
Santa Lucia.zip
(647.53 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Last edited by mickymax69 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [oth] Santa Lucia

Post by Garbre »

Why is it that sometimes a trackmaker's first few tracks have more interesting layouts than their later works? I mean I really like this layout, it almost looks like it's based on a real life location. I can definitely feel the summer heat with the cool breeze from the ocean!

Nice to see some jumps! The fences around the last corner before the starting line could have been placed closer to each other to avoid gaps(otherwise you can get pushed down), but the flowers around the track is a nice touch, and I like that you have multiple kinds of road surfaces.

The AI drives smoothly on the track, but you sure need some practice. The upper part is one that's hard to drive well at first, because you see what's ahead so you wanna save speed to make the jump, but the road has been narrowed down and it's not very visible at all. A more constant roadwith would make it easier and look more neat. Of course you can keep wider areas where the track opens up.

It's a rather great track in terms of overall quality, despite being your second track! Keep up the great work! :bg:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
mickymax69

Post by mickymax69 »

One year already...?!
It just takes me one year to reply... :faint: sorry I was very busy by real life problems...and time goes by so quickly!

Yes it's inspired by a spot nearby where I live. Those tiny ports hidden between rocks...do you ear the cicadas?
I wanted to recreate that sweet and peaceful feeling of a pleasant sunny day on the coast. Happy you catch that!

I tried to make the roadpath as smooth as possible, but there is three points that seems to be a little bit difficult at first :
1. The space between the beach entrance and the carpark of the port.
2. The axe of the jump : Due to the wild area with houses ( doubtful building permits ;-) ) leading to a dead end, there is only a dirt road, but I will see what I can do best about this point.
3. The right corner with the hedge angle that stops the car if you're too close ( upper left part of the map ).
I take notes from what you said, I 'll make certainly an upgrade as soon as possible.

Thak you Garbre for your comments, and your encouragements. I appreciate

p.s :I've also looked at your tracks : Damn! What a work! I'm sure you had some fun to create them and a lot of time to polish too. Your brain was surely boiling! :lol: I wonder how I've never seen them...
puttz

Post by puttz »

Hi Mickey,

Please remember not to bump threads in the download section that are older than 60 days. It is confusing because it looks like it is new content when in fact is is months old. A PM would be more appropriate.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

And I would just like to note that despite that that is a rule, given current inactivities and the fact that people like Mickymax69 do like it and react to it (also bringing up old tracks not all might have noticed yet), I disagree with the 60-day-policy. In current ways the forum is going, that's like choking an already dying chicken.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
mickymax69

Post by mickymax69 »

Sorry to monopolize the track thread, but I don't know how to upgrade a track the best way...

So Santa Lucia has been upgraded with some necessary changes:

- Hay Bales now more close to each other in the port
- Hedges repositioned in the up Left corner
- Cones road added near the big jump (6)
- Pits position & pit AI path changed
- Fences along the upper damaged road
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Don't say sorry if it's as relevant as upgrading a track, and well, there's not much people who will complain about you monopolizing the tracks thread anyway. :P

In fact, it's the contrary, and I appreciate that some people like you keep making stuff for this game.

For the track, I can't test it since I'm like Lucky Luke, far away from home, but visually it's way better than before, and frankly, seeing your list of changes, I really wonder if you didn't change more than what you said.

Because your track is really good and have a special atmosphere like Garbre said ; it's living, exotic, refreshing... :goodvibes:

I don't know how you improved since your first track, but it shows, and I really looking forward to other tracks by you. :)

And I like the presentation of your tracks, with the blue banner. Classy. :cool2:

Maybe you can change the tags of your track with stunt, street and rally, instead of other. It will be more clear to those searching for specific kind of tracks.

Thanks ! :bsmile:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
mickymax69

Re: [oth] [stu] [ral] Santa Lucia

Post by mickymax69 »

Hi Kikwik,

I follow your tips :bsmile:
"the blue banner" : lol, I found it as a good idea to promote my creation. cheerleader: Everybody should do the same! :lol:
I changed exactly what I said, I didn't take the risk to alter my track. :nod:

I hope next time, I'll be as much creative! but I'm afraid to be more irregular...
It's all about inspiration, that feeling when you put the finger on something and it's like you're in total trance.
you and other trackmakers know what I mean, as you create CKE150 (& HungrySheep lol)...a good exemple of creativity.

Thank you
Kikwik

Re: [oth] [stu] [ral] Santa Lucia

Post by Kikwik »

I hope next time, I'll be as much creative! but I'm afraid to be more irregular...
No problem to be irregular, each one of us have a life apart from GeneRally. You will not be fired, you will not lose friends, nothing important, it's only a leisure and a pleasure. Do what you want, at your own pace, when inspiration strikes, despite what may think others. We will be waiting patiently. :)
It's all about inspiration, that feeling when you put the finger on something and it's like you're in total trance.
you and other trackmakers know what I mean, as you create CKE150 (& HungrySheep lol)...a good exemple of creativity.
Exactly ! And thanks, always a pleasure to see that my tracks are appreciated ! :bsmile:

Inspiration takes place when you are making something totally different from GeneRally ; walking in a park, playing an other video game, have interest in chemistry or arts, looking for birds in the trees, reading a book,...

The best is to write your ideas, then later when you feel ok to do them, you're ready to go ! :bg:

And it's better now with tags. Good luck for the other tracks ! :goal:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database