[roa] Alament

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
winr

[roa] Alament

Post by winr »

I small full-screen track! It is only a stage. See how you like it? The starting point and finish line are hidden so it feels like this is only a small section of a bigger race.

I am thinking of making a lineage of these full-screen stages so that it all comes together into one big track!

Or perhaps we could start a joint-effort project? Then we can have full-scale tracks! Imagine choosing a rwl track like the nurburgring and making each section in full size! Wow! That would be a tough project though.

Anyways, about the track!

It is a section of a road that is near water. The pavement is not completely flat and does not have lines since the road is not commonly used. Guess which side the car starts from!

What can I do to improve the overall quality of the track? Are the stones on the small-cliff awkward? Does it blend into the sand well? How is the rest of the dithering?
Attachments
Alament.zip
(36.36 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
shot0017.JPG
Formerly Sentry435 from RSC
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [roa] Alament

Post by egamad »

I just tested it and must say I enjoyed it! :) There are a couple of things though that could be better IMO. First I noticed thad a part of the sky is visible in the upper left corner. Then when I finished the stage I bumped into the map table - then I opened the track in TE and saw that you put hay bales, but not enough of them to the top of the map. Also if you put the traffic sign to warn about the dangerous part of the road, why didn't you put it in both directions? It would be logical. :nod: And you asked about the stones on the cliff - I think you should remove them and only leave some of them at the bottom of the cliff, touching the water. Of course a better idea still would be drawing an actual cliff texture, but the whole track is very simplistic, so you would then need to dither the forest ground too. Also I noticed that hmap isn't very smooth at the chicane, but I actually prefer it that way. ;)

It could be better with pretty textures, dithered road and grass, but I also like it the way it is. I personally would like to see more of these road stages from you, but the rest of them should be more polished, and some of them longer, it's over too soon! :mrgreen:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
winr

Post by winr »

Thanks for the great feedback! Yes I noticed the sky in the upper left corner, which I tried to cover with some bushes... LOL

Maybe next time I will make the track size bigger, but zoom in more.
Formerly Sentry435 from RSC
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

I think somebody round here could make a Nürburgring rally so we can have a real lap around the Nordschleife section in GeneRally :hiya: ... if the Nordschleife thing works, we could also make the same thing with other long classic tracks like the Schnaefell mountain course (IoM TT) or the Targa-Fiorio...
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

die996 wrote:I think somebody round here could make a Nürburgring rally so we can have a real lap around the Nordschleife section in GeneRally :hiya: ... if the Nordschleife thing works, we could also make the same thing with other long classic tracks like the Schnaefell mountain course (IoM TT) or the Targa-Fiorio...
you'd better get started then! ;)

:lol:
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Bouncebackability wrote:you'd better get started then! ;)

BBA, you know I don't have any skills about trackmacking. I don't even know how to make tracks beyond WS200 or WS100 (the original size limits)!!!
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

die996 wrote:
Bouncebackability wrote:you'd better get started then! ;)

BBA, you know I don't have any skills about trackmacking. I don't even know how to make tracks beyond WS200 or WS100 (the original size limits)!!!
Put Rich Nagel's crack o.O

Looking very simple track but if Egamad tested it in good, I'll do same :)

EDIT: Well, HMAP is too bumpy to my taste. And the sides of the road are ugly IMO. But the concept is cool I think. If it was in bigger worldsize, it could get really nice :D

Here's how I'd have done it:
Attachments
hgdfhgc (Medium).JPG
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

I was eaten by them !
You have to make strong fances.

it's a very dangerous track.. :shhh:
Attachments
DangerAlament.gif
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Ms... wrote:I was eaten by them !
You have to make strong fances.

it's a very dangerous track.. :shhh:
hahaha :lol:

funniest thing ive seen on here this year!