[roa] [kar] Calabaza

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
joemaro

[roa] [kar] Calabaza

Post by joemaro »

Hey Generally Forums!

i've enjoyed lots of good tracks & cars from this forum over the years, but have only lately tried to do a track myself. I used inkscape, gimp and the TrackEditor.exe that came with the game and i quite enjoy this track myself, so i thought i'll share it here:

Calabaza
track1.jpg
Download:
Calabaza.trk.zip
(33.94 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Some notes:
* let me know if something is badly done, which is very probable :)
* i use the strawboxes because i really dislike tracks where i can get better laptimes by bouncing off walls.
* i added the Pit Crews just now, without too much testing, i hope they work as you expect it, i never really play with pitstops.
* feel free to edit,copy,sell,burn,ignore,share,whatever
* is that a kart track? i couldn't tell but added the tag...

Thank you very much for all the amazing cars and tracks, people!!! <3
Marco

Re: [roa] [kar] Calabaza

Post by Marco »

Welcome to the business of track-making :D
Simple, yet well made as far as I can see... :bg: Can't find any huge problems with it, other than maybe making it a bit too wide, in my opinion, and you could've added additional tarmac for the pit crews so that they don't stand on grass...
Can not test it at the moment though... It's late :tired:

If you want to continue track making, try such programs, like:
- Snakeditor: good program for easy layout creation, object placement, etc. But it can be hard to master...
- HMap editor: Great program for editing landscape, mountains, rivers, etc. It's also easy to use.
- iDraw3: Simple program for Land Map editing. LMap is also possible to edit with PaintXP for a quick edit. Though if you are using GIMP and you're good at it, go with that...
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars