[stc] Pestar v2

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Fermmoylle

[stc] Pestar v2

Post by Fermmoylle »

Ok, this one took me longer than the others. The reason is I wanted to create a street circuit based on the original layout, keeping it as close to the original as possible.

As I'm not used to street circuits, this was quite a challenge. I hope you like the "extreme makeover" on the track.

As usual, AI line tested with 100 and 70 AI Formula. Best results with 100, but YMMV.
Attachments
pestar.zip
Track and readme files
(31.1 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
New track screenshot
New track screenshot
Old track, for reference
Old track, for reference
Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin
FRUKIScze

Re: [stc] Pestar v2

Post by FRUKIScze »

It's not easy to turn normal circuit into a street track. I love your Lmap work :bg:

I can't wait to get home and try it ! 5/5 :star:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Santana 2.0

Post by Santana 2.0 »

All your remakes were pretty good until now, and I even managed to update my "FIA AI Championships" with your Curvelo and Vello Citá, but this one made my jaw drop. Superb!

ps.: I would just put a wall in the start of the roundabout, for safety reasons.
Revenge is never full, it kills the soul and poisons. (By Seu Madruga)
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

Santana 2.0 wrote:All your remakes were pretty good until now, and I even managed to update my "FIA AI Championships" with your Curvelo and Vello Citá, but this one made my jaw drop. Superb!

ps.: I would just put a wall in the start of the roundabout, for safety reasons.
I believe the road cones are enough to protect those people. :-) A wall could detract the view, but I understand your concern.

It was a very fun track to work on.
FRUKIScze wrote:It's not easy to turn normal circuit into a street track. I love your Lmap work :bg:

I can't wait to get home and try it ! 5/5 :star:
Thanks a lot! I do hope you'll find it even better after driving around it, as the circuit has some tricky turns.
Santana 2.0

Post by Santana 2.0 »

Fermmoylle wrote:
Santana 2.0 wrote:All your remakes were pretty good until now, and I even managed to update my "FIA AI Championships" with your Curvelo and Vello Citá, but this one made my jaw drop. Superb!

I believe the road cones are enough to protect those people. :-) A wall could detract the view, but I understand your concern.

It was a very fun track to work on.
That's why the FIA will never clear your original tracks for it's top competitions. Sad to see what could be a fellow master designer get lost in his own arrogance. THOSE DEATHS WILL BE IN YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS!!!
ironic, of course

To see you improving old tracks makes me wanna do the same. I've started this process last year, but changed my PC and it was a nightmare to find a paint configuration to work in that, I'm sad just to think about the work it would take...
Revenge is never full, it kills the soul and poisons. (By Seu Madruga)
mickymax69

Post by mickymax69 »

Hello Fermmoylle,
I'm a big fan of Pestar, and I wanted to thank you for creating and sharing this track, I've taken real pleasure playing with it. :bsmile: I like the way you give to the remakes of your tracks.

The new Pestar is very good concerning the design and the road layout is interesting in term of fun, difficulties and sensation of speed. It doesn't sound like a turnsile. Beautiful stilistic exercise.
The scale seems good too.

Personally I still love the old Pestar, It have its own soul

(so I have a suggestion (no pressure ;-) ) : Why not make another version of your track, with the same old road layout ( approximately), environment and with the same large roundabout. And with the same scale like the new one).
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

Hi!

I'm glad you like Pestar. It was a fun endeavor to create the original design, and the remake was really a challenge.
I may revisit old Pestar in the future, but I want to remake my other tracks first, so don't hold your breath. ;-)