View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
 [cir] Aipins v2 

Post [cir] Aipins v2
Old Aipins was a flawed concept. All those concrete posts should make the track a little bit more technical -- in practice, it made it annoying. -- If you hit one of those posts, rest assured the car would hit another during the same lap, as it would move erractly after too much damage. And that meant you were punished twice: once for the inital crash, again on subsequent crashes.

Anyway, I wanted to keep the general layout but I knew it should change. So, if a change was needed, I could as well use different turn radius and esses, but keeping a few strategic points where concrete posts (nearer the track, mind you) would pay their respects to the memory of the old track.

Somehow it reminds me of Estoril after all changes, but it wasn't a counscious decision.

AI line optimized for 100 AI Formula, but it works also with 70 (albeit you'll probably see a little damage a few seconds after the start, as 70 AI will press their opponents against the concrete posts more aggressively, but nothing game breaking).

Attachments:
File comment: New track screenshot.
aipins.jpg
aipins.jpg [ 747.8 KiB | Viewed 289 times ]
File comment: Old track, for reference.
oldaipins.jpg
oldaipins.jpg [ 683.43 KiB | Viewed 289 times ]
File comment: Track and readme files.
aipins.zip [40.74 KiB]
Downloaded 45 times

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:01 am
Profile E-mail ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.