[cir] [ovl] Kousivy

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Santana 2.0

[cir] [ovl] Kousivy

Post by Santana 2.0 »

Hello guys! I leave you with my newest track upgrade. I hadn't posted the old on the forum but, bussiness as usual: Say what you feel like about it and I'll use it to improve my skills!

The pack contains the official layout and a club oval Have fun!
The original track (maybe ten years old by now?)
The original track (maybe ten years old by now?)
The official layout of the new track
The official layout of the new track
The club oval. Go crazy!
The club oval. Go crazy!
Kousivy.zip
Track pack
(117.87 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Revenge is never full, it kills the soul and poisons. (By Seu Madruga)
Fermmoylle

Re: [cir] [ovl] Kousivy

Post by Fermmoylle »

Nicely done. I love updated tracks (that's why I'm doing mine ^_^).

Two things caught my attention:
1. Your LMap cars seem too flat. Maybe a bit more "oil" on the shapes will make them stand out as small 3d cars; yet don't quote me on that, as I usually leave my parking lots empty due to not knowing how to create good looking LMap cars; and
2. Your stand row... I would never pay premium tickets like that to watch half of the circuit only. Great action will happen behind the spectators!

All things considered, it's a great circuit. I'd change only the minor pointers on the decoration, as above.
Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin
Santana 2.0

Post by Santana 2.0 »

Fermmoylle wrote:Nicely done. I love updated tracks (that's why I'm doing mine ^_^).

Two things caught my attention:
1. Your LMap cars seem too flat. Maybe a bit more "oil" on the shapes will make them stand out as small 3d cars; yet don't quote me on that, as I usually leave my parking lots empty due to not knowing how to create good looking LMap cars; and
2. Your stand row... I would never pay premium tickets like that to watch half of the circuit only. Great action will happen behind the spectators!

All things considered, it's a great circuit. I'd change only the minor pointers on the decoration, as above.
1 - I think exactly the same. That's why I prefer the cars from the "old" track, but since they are small, I just painted new ones that would have the right combination of size/orientation. I thought about using the Hmap to give height to them, but gave up due to difficulty of getting it right.

2 - I'm thinking about doing the "classic version" of this track, so it would make more sense why there's stands there (basically, the southern part of the track didn't exist, among other things). Also, the premium tickets are for the box building, where there are better provisions and everything that comes with. The stands are the "popular" tickets area :rofl:

Also, minor point, but the tracks that I've been to doesn't have a great vision from the main stand (Tarumã and Guaporé)...
Galbreath

Post by Galbreath »

What would you change about this track to make it more "classic" by the way, Santana?
Santana 2.0

Post by Santana 2.0 »

About the classic... This layout
53748267_971973583191867_8144222063050096640_n.jpg
A river at the south bottom and a dirt road with crowd near what is left of the track in the south (where there is the curvy section);
No special pit buildings;
De-volved paddock area and facilites;
More trees in the upper half of the track;
Less walls and kerbs, more sunked tyres;
Pit design resembling my original attempt at this track;
Among some other minor things...