[ral] Winter´s Creek

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Glaubb_

[ral] Winter´s Creek

Post by Glaubb_ »

Hello people :D :D :D

In the last few days, I was watching some highlights from the Montecarlo WRC and I was amazed by all those beautiful landscapes !!!
So I immediately decided to make my first rally track.

This is the end result. It is my first attempt, and so it is not perfect. However, I am completely open to criticism that makes me a better trackmaker, okay? :goal:

NOTE: THIS IS A FICTIC TRACK (I HAVE NO PATIENCE TO DO REPLICAS, HAHA)

For a more fun and realistic experience, I recommend using a winter pallet and also a WRC car
there are many, great here on the forum

Make good use of it, and thank you ... :bg:
Attachments
foto pista.PNG
Winter Creek.rar
(78.46 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Kikwik

Re: [ral] Winter´s Creek

Post by Kikwik »

Nice rally track and as twisty as it could be ! :mrgreen:

Like I said for your first track, you know how to make a good overall impression on your tracks, especially with nature. Again you managed to do it on this track, love how the houses are placed, how the surroundings fits correctly for each section of your track. It's beautiful, and with a winter palette like Garbre's one as you recommended, it's more in the theme of winter and better rendered. So great job for this ! :bg:

I tested it and found it challenging. So many corners, accelleration and brakes are essential here. Not for speed maniacs !

The only thing that surprised me when driving was those blue movable road cones on many corners. Surprised because I didn't see such a thing on other rally tracks and don't remind such a thing in real life ever. It was annoying for me as your layout is challenging enough as itself, and you add unnecessary (for my point of view) objects to slow us more.

Also, I crashed upon a very well hidden pole at the corner with grey lmap (don't understand why you put tarmac only on this place by the way...) on the ground at the middle right of the map. Again it annoyed me more than it should, because you already put hay bales to keep on the track the player and to limit the width of the corner, and found it unnecessary and more than this, punishing. It may be part of the scenery, as you put some in other places, but here it seems out of place.

Some minor things I found which bugs me, but still acceptable as it is, is the large amount of rocks in the bottom near the river. With less or without would be more enjoyable. Other parts with rocks are ok though. Also the little road at the down overlap the main road which seems unnatural because we see the round brush you have used at this point. :scratch:

I'm not a pro of rally tracks like egamad, Mad Dan, Aeroviewer or Hormous for instance and can't comment as good as these guys, but I'm only an average player who seek fun and beauty in tracks, knowing few things on technical and real world matters, and wanting to comment on your track. :shy:

So apart from the road cones and the deadly pole, for me it's an enjoyable track, visually and layout-wise, which will appeal to all those who like challenging winter rally track.

Keep going ! :goal:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Glaubb_

Post by Glaubb_ »

Do you believe that I thinking a lot of times about the necessity of these road cones ?
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

:really: ? I don't know if you are upset to what I said when you're saying that or if you have regrets to put a lot of time on those road cones... or both ? :worried:

Anyway, I only gave my feelings concerning your track based on my driving on it and my experience driving rally tracks on GeneRally but also on other games as well.

After, you are the creator of this track. It's up to you to change it or not. I won't force you ever. :roll:

If you feel it's a bad advice, don't listen to it. If you feel that's a good advice, think about it and change your track accordingly. It's up to you. ;)

You may look at other rally tracks made here if you want to know why I said such things. You will see that they use mainly hay bales on corners.

Remember what you said ?
This is the end result. It is my first attempt, and so it is not perfect. However, I am completely open to criticism that makes me a better trackmaker, okay? :goal:
At the end I didn't wanted to be harsh ever. :sweatdrop:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

I really like the track.
It´s very narrow and tricky. But thats what rally tracks are supposed to be.

What I would improve: Lower the viewing angle. That way it would make it easier to see all the small bumbs and hills.
Glaubb_

Post by Glaubb_ »

Is away good, tips to improve ,bro :bg: