[cir] Nüring

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Nüring

Post by XYY »

Hello folks, long time no see!

It seems that I have gathered a little motivation to build GR tracks right now. So I try to use this energy not only for filling my work in progress folder, but for actually cleansing it and finishing the tracks which deserve it.
The first track in this context is the "Nüring", based on the short GP track of the Nürburgring. It is actually based on one of my oldest GR creations (far before I thought about the existance of an international forum actually). The original track was created around 2007, I believe (can't say it exactly because the track records are newer and the trk files were copied multiple times :D ), and it was based on the Nürburgring even back then. However, I had no idea about the real track, and I took the layout only from a sports car magazine, so the result is quite poor when you compare it to the actual track. Everyone who is interested can take a look at the old track in the spoiler... :D
Nürburgring Sprintstrecke.png
What could be more interesting is the new track. This "remake" of my old creation was initially created around 2013, and is created in the same manner like other "mini rwl tracks" like Minza, Rivears, Minturkey. This one stuck in my WIP folder a bit longer. Funny enough I always created a few bits here and there in the years between (some work was done 2014, some was done 2016, some was done last year and the only thing I had left to do this week was the grass dithering and a few finishing touches) :mrgreen:

Whoever still lurks around, feel free to enjoy the track and leave a comment! :) I think it is a cute yet challenging track and it takes a while to master it. :)

Best regards,
Robert
Attachments
Nüring.zip
(82.08 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Nüring.png
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Nüring

Post by TuomoH »

Very nice work! :) The layout is a good mixture of a technical part and a fast section. The AI is quite competetive as well. During the first lap there was some mess as everybody wanted to be the first in the first corner but once that settled, it was mostly smooth racing. :yummy:

I just finished playing a bunch of old tracks from 2003-2005 and while some of those tracks were great to look at, the standard just wasn't as high as with the rare tracks we nowadays get from established members. :greybeard: This one, for instance, looks awesome. :cool2:

I've got no complaints. :bg:

Oh, and it was cool to see the original one. :D
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

I can't believe you guys keep unfinished tracks for so long time on your pc ! It would be me it would disappear forever quickly and that's a shame, when we see what you can do with wip tracks. (Like TuomoH said great to see the difference between the old and the new one. :D )

Your tracks are among the most neat and detailed ones. I love this one even more because it has an atmosphere, it's colorful and the dithering is excellent. Also I appreciate the medium size of the track as it's more pleasing to follow our car driving around it.

Driving it is nice and provides a good challenge as both of you said, especially at the beginning.

Happy to see you around XYY, and happy too knowing that you are working on your old tracks ! (It's a trend nowadays or what ? A good one for sure ! :D )

Thanks for this ! :bsmile:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Wow, what a astonishing lmap work! Really detailed and umm.. sublimed, it makes me goosebumps :D Definately in original GR style. I wonder why you didn't place S/F straight on the same line with the pit lane, but that was you vision I suppose! Great track anyway!
ALL TRACKS
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

Nice one, has a nice 'groove' in corners and curves. And I like how the pit is in relation to the rest of the track. :)
To finish first, first you have to finish!