[cir] Viygaiso

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Danador12

[cir] Viygaiso

Post by Danador12 »

Another restored track from the my personal tracks. As usual, i'll attach the "before" and "after".
I think that's is my best work till now :mrgreen:
Keep going! :bg:

World Size: 180

Viygaiso is on a purified swamp and it presents two long straight and a curved central part. The three chicanes can't be cut but every swerve must been correctly did to avoid bushes and remain on the line.
Let me know what do you think in comment, feel free to modify anything you want (but i want to know what :mrgreen: ) or give other advices.
See you guys! :D
Attachments
New version
New version
Old version
Old version
Viygaiso.rar
(32.89 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Viygaiso

Post by TuomoH »

Yes, they keep getting better. :) I like what you've done with the sand dithering on grass. I also like the three-wide start.

The middle section of the layout has lots of potential but for the next track, try making some hmap. Now it stays at the basic level. The other part of the layout follows too much the map borders to my liking. :2c:

Your style is to block parts of the track with objects, again with trees. As I said in the Caleb thread, it's sometimes on the border whether it's too much but again, I think you stay on the right side of the border. :D Regarding other objects, I wouldn't put bushes so close to the chicane but use sunk tyres instead.

Again, the AI is the weakest link. I tested Formula@100 (which is the AI level you should use when making tracks, btw) and it hits some of the sunk tyres. And why does it drive against the wall at pit exit? :P

Said all those things, remember that many of those are just my personal opinions (the same goes for Caleb). Keep up the good work! :up:
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Oh thank again Tuomo for comment! There are some observation similar to the ones you gave me for Caleb :D
So my answers are pretty the same for the previous track: GRMHEdit and the question of "block of the chicane"
TuomoH wrote:Again, the AI is the weakest link. I tested Formula@100 (which is the AI level you should use when making tracks, btw) and it hits some of the sunk tyres
If you mean the ones before the finish line this is okay, i liked the effect, if you mean during the other sides of the track it's not :flip: :flip: Strange, but okay, it means that it's not good the AI.
TuomoH wrote:And why does it drive against the wall at pit exit?
That's a ridicolous fault. I've completely forgot to modify AI pit. It's still the same of the previous version of the track. ahahhaha
TuomoH wrote: I wouldn't put bushes so close to the chicane but use sunk tyres instead.
yes, i agree with you, in fact now i've changed it.
I can upload the improved version.
Attachments
Viygaiso.rar
(28.81 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the improved version. You should put that also in the first post since not everybody finds it down here. :)