View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average. 
 [mic] Zen 

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post [mic] Zen
Wanted to make something quick so came up with this. Nothing special but the AI does give run for your money. Use General for optimal AI. Have fun! :bsmile:

Attachments:
zen.jpg
zen.jpg [ 100.31 KiB | Viewed 890 times ]
zen.zip [6.68 KiB]
Downloaded 22 times

Since 2002 // #250 Toofifty [oth] new .. #249 Tutoring [cir] new .. #248 Lakeview Drive [roa] new
My GR site .. Track Editor Tutorial for GeneRally
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:55 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: [mic] Zen
Frankly I wouldn't believe you'll make other tracks, after all those years of creation. :hattip:

It represents you and your work quite well : micro track, little abstract and original. :nod:

I like the asian theme in general and that's the case in your track too : the black brush stroke, the red asian (chinese maybe ?) character signature, zen garden with simplistic and few elements as it must be... :goodvibes:

AI is challenging enough at lvl 100 in General, and going too much wide results in a spectacular entry in the pit stops. :P My first strategy was to hit a little the bush then wait for the AI driver behind me to push me and put me back again on track and to slow him down. :D

Thanks for this track TuomoH, good comeback ! :bg:

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:55 pm
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Trackmaster

Kikwik wrote:
Frankly I wouldn't believe you'll make other tracks, after all those years of creation.

I don't see myself stopping even though I come back to GR quite seldom these days. Trackmaking has been one of my biggest loves and every time I do start GR, I feel the itch to create something. Sometimes it results to something, other times not. :cool2:
Kikwik wrote:
the red asian (chinese maybe ?) character signature

It's a Japanese kanji that stands for zen. :meditate: The Chinese character is very much alike.
Kikwik wrote:
My first strategy was to hit a little the bush then wait for the AI driver behind me to push me and put me back again on track and to slow him down. :D

Hehe, good to hear about an alternative strategy. :D

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Kikwik! It's nice to see how much you put effort to commenting the few new tracks there are these days. :goodvibes:

Since 2002 // #250 Toofifty [oth] new .. #249 Tutoring [cir] new .. #248 Lakeview Drive [roa] new

Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:05 am
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

I quickly tested this one. Have to say that it's easier with slower cars. With the General it's a challenge indeed, especially as it has so little downforce it always wants to escape to the pits unless you ride around the bush perfectly :D It's a nice short track, and racing here is entertaining, also because one lap can be driven in such a short time ;)
Maybe the scenery at the top could have been a bit more exciting but I think you wanted to keep it clean and simple. Keep it up!

Fri May 01, 2020 8:03 am

GeneRally Trackmaster

XYY wrote:
Maybe the scenery at the top could have been a bit more exciting but I think you wanted to keep it clean and simple. Keep it up!

I too thought it was too empty so I added those hay bales. :D But yes, this was what I aimed for.

Thanks for the comments, XYY. :)

Mon May 04, 2020 9:45 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.