[mic] Zen

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[mic] Zen

Post by TuomoH »

Wanted to make something quick so came up with this. Nothing special but the AI does give run for your money. Use General for optimal AI. Have fun! :bsmile:
Attachments
zen.jpg
zen.zip
(6.68 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Kikwik

Re: [mic] Zen

Post by Kikwik »

Frankly I wouldn't believe you'll make other tracks, after all those years of creation. :hattip:

It represents you and your work quite well : micro track, little abstract and original. :nod:

I like the asian theme in general and that's the case in your track too : the black brush stroke, the red asian (chinese maybe ?) character signature, zen garden with simplistic and few elements as it must be... :goodvibes:

AI is challenging enough at lvl 100 in General, and going too much wide results in a spectacular entry in the pit stops. :P My first strategy was to hit a little the bush then wait for the AI driver behind me to push me and put me back again on track and to slow him down. :D

Thanks for this track TuomoH, good comeback ! :bg:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Kikwik wrote:Frankly I wouldn't believe you'll make other tracks, after all those years of creation.
I don't see myself stopping even though I come back to GR quite seldom these days. Trackmaking has been one of my biggest loves and every time I do start GR, I feel the itch to create something. Sometimes it results to something, other times not. :cool2:
Kikwik wrote:the red asian (chinese maybe ?) character signature
It's a Japanese kanji that stands for zen. :meditate: The Chinese character is very much alike.
Kikwik wrote:My first strategy was to hit a little the bush then wait for the AI driver behind me to push me and put me back again on track and to slow him down. :D
Hehe, good to hear about an alternative strategy. :D

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Kikwik! It's nice to see how much you put effort to commenting the few new tracks there are these days. :goodvibes:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I quickly tested this one. Have to say that it's easier with slower cars. With the General it's a challenge indeed, especially as it has so little downforce it always wants to escape to the pits unless you ride around the bush perfectly :D It's a nice short track, and racing here is entertaining, also because one lap can be driven in such a short time ;)
Maybe the scenery at the top could have been a bit more exciting but I think you wanted to keep it clean and simple. Keep it up!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

XYY wrote:Maybe the scenery at the top could have been a bit more exciting but I think you wanted to keep it clean and simple. Keep it up!
I too thought it was too empty so I added those hay bales. :D But yes, this was what I aimed for.

Thanks for the comments, XYY. :)