View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
 [cir] Rego 

Post [cir] Rego
Good morning guys,
I worked on another circuit, still using the classical TE but I think it's better than the one I posted weeks ago. I hope you'll enjoy it. If you want to share some advices i'll be glad to listen to them.

P.S. It's so sad that i can work only with classical TE :sorry: :weep: :weep:

Attachments:
regolo.png
regolo.png [ 134.85 KiB | Viewed 44 times ]
Rego.rar [5.67 KiB]
Downloaded 2 times
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:32 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: [cir] Rego
It's great that you made another track. I don't know why you can't use the other softwares ; too difficult to use or any problems regarding them ?

For the track in itself, wow it's big ! Too big for me. The ones I particularly appreciate are those around worldsize 100. Of course doing that, all your objects will be bigger and moved away a little, but it may be funnier to drive on it.

Something I found funny is the island with people alone on it. It may seems completely misplaced or unnecessary regarding your track but it works for me. To have a theme, even a weird one like that or several themes together in a track is really cool, like having an OVNI in it. Some did it and it made quite a buzz even years later.

I like the bushes all along too, with red soft walls and white ones, good contrast, nice to the eyes. The booth at the corner hurts me just seeing it though, having soft walls or hay bales here may reduce unfortunate crashes and will give more safety to your track.

I feel there are too much stands too. I imagine that you wanted to fill the more possible the surroundings, and it's difficult doing that only with TE, but letting some empty places is great too. Lot of people fear the emptiness, but well used, in proper places, may change the aesthetic of your track.

Hope I helped you and feel free to tell us what's the problem with the other softwares. :)

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 am
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post Re: [cir] Rego
As Kikwik said, let us know why you can't use external editors so we can try to help you with that.

To the track: it's actually quite fun. It's got a street track vibe with the stunt jumps and the jumps are a good thing - otherwise it'd be very basic. The track being wide brings me to the old times and I don't have a problem with the WS. I usually don't like narrow parts in wider tracks but here it works. I like the office buildings blocking the view a bit, just the right amount. And the small island with people is a lovely touch! :)

Then to the negatives: The AI could be better. I understand that with the jumps you can't have it going closer to the wall (I almost fell to the water in one of my jumps) but it could be smoother in for instance in the first corner. If you look at it in TE, you can see the sharper corner. Start making that line smoother further from the start straight. The pit position is also awkward in that the AI is forced to take quite direct route to the first one. Could be further down the straight. :scratch:

Finally, the starting positions are in the wrong order. This messes up the system a player is having. For instance, I like having points reversed starting order since it gives me more competition when I'm doing well in the championship. Now it made me start on the first place. :geek:

At any rate, you're doing nice progress. :up:

since 2002 // #241-246 expinmin7 [mic] [tpk] new .. #240 TEOring [cir] new .. #239 hill city [stc] new
my GR site .. all my tracks

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:53 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.