View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average. 
 [stc] Oreogo Beach 

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post [stc] Oreogo Beach
Here's another Track Editor only track. This time we head to Oreogo Beach, a tropical city next to the ocean. The track is a fast street course with nice hmap changes along the route. The AI has been optimized for the original Formula.

Hope you enjoy and please leave a comment. :cool2:

Attachments:
oreogobeach.zip [16.14 KiB]
Downloaded 38 times
oreogobeach.jpg
oreogobeach.jpg [ 156.84 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

Since 2002 // #250 Toofifty [oth] new .. #249 Tutoring [cir] new .. #248 Lakeview Drive [roa] new
My GR site .. Track Editor Tutorial for GeneRally
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:14 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: [stc] Oreogo Beach
Your usual supporter is here again ! :goal: :D

What I found incredible in this track is it's only with TE. You made an incredible job to make it beautiful despite the limitations you put on yourself.

The lines on the road are once again very neat, the city you've created seems pretty real and objects are numerous and well placed, which contribute to the overall nice atmosphere. It has also this TE vibe like those fat white lines along the streets and no dithering. Once again, modern meets old and it's a success.

AI is tough on this track and the hairpin at the top right with this challenging last corner gives us a reason to train more than usual before racing again AI drivers. Hmap is smooth but we clearly feel them along the track and add a little variety during our driving, changing the way we take corners after some Hmap variations.

Frankly, it's one of the most beautiful TE track I've ever seen, and icing on the cake, it's pretty challenging alone and with AI. :yummy:

Congrats ! :bg:

Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 am
Profile E-mail

Wow! It's an incredible track! And this is made only with TE. Please, teach me! :D :D :D
Very funny track, hard on a right level, funny to drive and AI is well setted imo, very competitive.
The section at top right it's my demon, i need to practice :doh: :D :D
I like it very much, i want to be able to build track with this quality level :weep: :weep:
Thank you Tuomo!

Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:32 am
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks a lot guys. :bsmile:
Danador12 wrote:
Please, teach me! :D :D :D

You know what! I started writing a reply to this and it got longer and longer. I'm now thinking of writing a TE trackmaking tutorial! I'll keep you guys informed.

Since 2002 // #250 Toofifty [oth] new .. #249 Tutoring [cir] new .. #248 Lakeview Drive [roa] new
My GR site .. Track Editor Tutorial for GeneRally

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:13 am
Profile E-mail WWW

TuomoH wrote:

You know what! I started writing a reply to this and it got longer and longer. I'm now thinking of writing a TE trackmaking tutorial! I'll keep you guys informed.

That's would be fantastic! :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:50 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 1, 5.00 on the average.