[stc] Allini Street Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
aliman

[stc] Allini Street Circuit

Post by aliman »

Hi guys!

I've been playing Generally for a very long time and I decided it's finally time to register and release a track.

Allini Street Circuit is a fictional street circuit with a figure 8 shape and a wide main straight. Quite fast with sweeping corners, your best overtaking opportunity may come at the end of start/finish straight. My favorite way to overtake is to stay left on the bridge and then on the outside into the next corner. It looks phenomenal if you pull it off!

I have tons of unfinished tracks because I'm a perfectionist and a super slow track maker. So I hope to release more tracks, but it may take a while to finish them.

Also, if you remember a track called "Salsedine" this looks almost like a bigger version of that. And that is completely accidental :)

Anyways, here is Allini. Have fun and feel free to comment!
Allini.JPG
Allini.zip
(49.05 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Last edited by aliman on Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliman

Re: [ stc ] Allini Street Circuit

Post by aliman »

I'm not fully happy with the track but I decided to publish because otherwise I would've been working on it forever, always finding something to improve.

World Size is 180. I like these sort of medium sized tracks better than WS > 200. Most of my tracks are WS 180-200.
Track was made basically 95% with track editor and paint.
AI Line designed for Lorenzo's Formula One 2018 because it's pretty much the only car I use :). Works well with smaller and slower cars as well.

Again, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to comment.
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Nice track Aliman! And i'm not a street circuit tracks lover :mrgreen:
But i like it! I hope you'll make more tracks, I already have Salsedine from you, nice track it too! :D Yes, they are similar in the structure but they had their own identity.
Don't be a perfecionist, look at the track i've uploaded in this period, they are very inaccurate, your level is higher!

Maybe, the only critique i can do but just according my point of view is the pit lane entrance, too thin according to my taste. But just my opinion, so don't mind about it! Other would like it. :mrgreen:
Aniway, nice track, thank you! It will remain in my database :D :bg:
zgr

Post by zgr »

Nice to see, that still some quality track makers are here :)
Nice track, I like it a lot :bg:

I have two points:
Danador12 wrote:Maybe, the only critique i can do but just according my point of view is the pit lane entrance, too thin according to my taste. :
:meditate:
And 2., some objects look kind of edgy or misplaced (Walls are edgy & house-complex on the left), but that critique on an high level :D still, good job mate :bg:
Hello.
aliman

Re: [stc] Allini Street Circuit

Post by aliman »

Yeah I agree there are some weird objects and buildings etc. But I decided to publish anyway because I've been meaning to publish tracks for years but I haven't had the "courage" before so I thought if I don't do it now I never will. It's one of my least favorite tracks but it's also the only one fully finished :D

If you don't like street circuits, oh boy you aren't going to like my tracks :D. I might have some sort of obsession with street circuits :)

I have a couple of tracks with even tighter pit entries so maybe that's something I need to look at doing better :)

Thank you for your comments!
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

aliman wrote:f you don't like street circuits, oh boy you aren't going to like my tracks :D. I might have some sort of obsession with street circuits
naaah, it's just as general view. If a track is well-made and it's pleaseant to me, in any case I put it into my database :D :D
And Allini it's very very pleaseant and funny! :o
I think is just because i don't like very much the view perfect perpendicular to the tracks and usually i saw streets circuits with that, it's just this my problem with it :bsmile:
I'm hurry to see other your tracks, i'm in love with the fact that in 2020 the community still releases tracks!
aliman wrote:I haven't had the "courage" before
Have you seen my tracks? :doh: So don't mind! If i had the courage, you can have it too!

P.S. It would be funny an alternative version of Allini with this line? :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Allini.JPG
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

It's quite incredible that there are still new people showing up showing interest in trackmaking, particularly when they've been hiding such talent.

Overall it's a high quality track, there's nothing really popping out in a negative way.

I do have a couple of suggestions for improvement, though. One thing that I pay attention to in street tracks, is that I like it when the street plan of the area is something one might find in a real-life city, which is not really the case in this track. I think that it's very justifiable to consider this unimportant in a game like GR, though.
You have zoomed in, which is good. I think that in addition to zooming, the view angle should always be reduced by at least 5 degrees, depending on the track. The track just looks a lot better that way.
Also, adding a more extreme hmap could make for more interesting driving. Ideally, hmap should not be an afterthought but rather planned together with the layout right at the beginning of the project.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Welcome! It's great to get fresh blood here. :wave:

This is an excellent first post. Let me start by saying that I love street tracks, it's perhaps my favorite track genre. This track does lots of things well. The layout is interesting and it looks great. :up: People mention the jagged edges but they don't stand out and don't affect driving. As for the people, in some places they look great but at other places it looks like they've been planted by a gardener at equal distances. :D

Then the negatives: What I don't personally like is that in two corners you can cut so much, the first one and especially the roundabout. :| The other negative for me is the AI. I see you mentioned using Lorenzo's F1 cars but I usually choose the original Formula. The AI is otherwise decent (even though I can see by looking in TE that there's room for improvement) but has a tendency to crash with each other, especially on the first lap.

Other than that, this is a solid start and I really look forward to more tracks from you. :)
aliman

Post by aliman »

I absolutely suck at making hmap, so this is as good as it's going to get. :D I've tried snake editor, track editor and hmap editor but I'm not especially good at any of them.

With the cars that I use the sand on the inside of the roundabout really slows you down, so while you can cut the corner, it really isn't faster. But now having tested with the original Formula I can defenitely see that it is a place where you can cheat. So in the future I'll keep other cars in mind aswell :up:

Aleksi I agree 100% that street tracks should "make sense". But somehow I always end up with a track layout that is hard to make into a "plausible" actual city. :shrug:

Danador12 trust me buddy, when I started making tracks they didn't look anywhere near as good as yours. :up: So I feel you've got a great future ahead as a track maker.

Thank you guys for all your tips and comments.