[cir] [mic] Crow's Peak

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Danador12

[cir] [mic] Crow's Peak

Post by Danador12 »

Hi guys, here's another track made only with TE! :D
This time i made a lot of tests with Hmap Smooth! I've learnt a lot of things about this tool.
This track is the smallest i've ever made because i've never created anything under 120 WS, this is the first time with 100.

Crow's Peak is a track located on an hill on the homonym fictional mountain. The layout of the track should remind a crow's beak, and that's why this name.
I think is the funniest track i've made! :bg:
Hope you'll enjoy! Reply anything in the comment! :D
Attachments
Crow's Peak.jpg
Crow's Peak.rar
(14.54 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] [mic] Crow's Peak

Post by TuomoH »

I agree with you that it's the funniest you've made, this is serious fun for hotlapping but also for racing. :up:

Visually, I get huge 2003 vibes from this track and that's only positive! I think it works well. :)

As for the AI, you've nailed it. :bg: The only small thing is the pit exit, where AI tends to hit the wall, although not too hard. Speaking of the pit exit, it's actually the only (small) flaw in this track as its crammed into the corner with the world border right next to it. Other than that, no complaints!

Put it short, I love it! :yummy:
Danador12

Re: [cir] [mic] Crow's Peak

Post by Danador12 »

I love this track because here i've learned a lot of thing about Hmap adjust and smooth, Months ago, i would never have said that i would learn to do a track with a downhill with that first corner :D
Lots of that is thanks your tutorial. :bg:
TuomoH wrote: I get huge 2003 vibes
I'm appreciating a lot the onlyTE tracks, i agree about the vibes! I love them too :hippy:
I agree with you about pits, for the cramming, i must put limiters and i didn't like it because you lost 1 lap everytime you pit. btw, the AI gets there too so it doesn't distort the final ranking. So, it's ok, i can cohabit with that. Yeah, i could approach the pit but i didn't liked the idea to change Hmap and LMap. I thought about those before of where to put pits :doh:
In general, all the HMap Crow's Peak is a test for the HMap of Kelwer Hills... :notme:
For the pit exit, yea, i didn't find the line that otherwise doesn't the hedge. At least, they don't get damage :weep:
TuomoH wrote:Put it short, I love it!
:shock: :shock: It's fantastic! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: