[cir] [roa] Kelwer Hills

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Danador12

[cir] [roa] Kelwer Hills

Post by Danador12 »

Hi guys! Here we go with the third track of the Kelwer Complex! This is the hardest HMap i've done. I don't know if it's perfect but at least it's quite fun!
There is a section that reminds Eau Rouge from Spa :scratch:
More interesting informations are in the ReadMe, well, what can i say more? I hope you'll have fun. Let me know what do you think in the comment! :D
Attachments
Kelwer Hills.rar
(76.51 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Kelwer Hills.jpg
BrianH

Re: [cir] [roa] Kelwer Hills

Post by BrianH »

Nice one Danador! I really like the layout and the feeling of the quick left turn after the long-ish stretch.
What I think could be better is the turn right after that one, which is a bit too difficult to time correctly and is being obscured by a tree exactly at the place you have to change directions with your car. I'm not very familiar with the update to lower speeds in the pit zones. Can it be faster than that without being full speed either?
Keep them coming! I want to see the rest of Kelwer :nod:
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Thank you for the feedback Brian! :D
BrianH wrote: is a bit too difficult to time correctly and is being obscured by a tree exactly at the place you have to change directions with your car.
Yea, i agree with you. I tested sooooooooooo many times the layout that i am able to timing perfectly that curve and i didn't realize that tree it's annoying. I'll upload in future all the improved tracks of Kelwer.
BrianH wrote:I'm not very familiar with the update to lower speeds in the pit zones. Can it be faster than that without being full speed either?
No, unfortunately, the speed limit is a default settings of limiters. I can't manage them...
Thank you again!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Another nice track. :up: I like the flow of the track a lot, it's a pleasure to drive. I haven't learned how to take the bottom-left corner the best way yet, though. :D

I agree with Brian that the trees are blocking that corner too much, and in fact, I think there should be less trees in the previous corner too. I also noticed that the hmap dips right after the finish line if you drive too close to the wall next to the pit. :gpush:

It's good to see that you're also progressing with the visuals, I really like the field in the middle and the use of black textures. But is there a reason why the water is fully empty with no boats? One or two boats would make the track look even better. :2c:

And no complaints about the AI on basis of one race! :mrgreen:
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Hi Tuomoh! Thanks for the feedback. Yes, as Brian noticed the trees over there are annoying and i modified that part and also the part after the main straight dipping into water. I'll upload soon the new version :mrgreen:
TuomoH wrote:I like the flow of the track a lot, it's a pleasure to drive.
That's the best news i can read :D :D i'm so happy about my improvements towards those months, Kelwer Hills is a good arriving point.
For the boats, yes, there's a reason .. :stir: nothing special :vsad: but if my idea will sink i'll add also boats and little marine details in all Kelwer tracks.
See you soon, i've seen you've uploaded other tracks :D
I'll give them a look as soon as possible :D :bg: