[stc] Downtown Street Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
andrew2209

[stc] Downtown Street Circuit

Post by andrew2209 »

My first attempt at making a track. There are 4 versions of it. What do you think?

Apologies if the track image doesn't appear on screen, click on the link to see the track, as I#m new to track uploading.
(Although I've bug-tested it and it appears fine, use the track editor to fix any bugs that are beyond what I found)

EDIT-Uploaded correctly now and fixed bug on tracks 1 + 2, where cars pitting lost a lap due to checkpoint layout
Attachments
Downtown.zip
(13.49 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
shot0000.png
Last edited by andrew2209 on Thu May 27, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stc] [tpk] Downtown Street Circuit

Post by XYY »

Please upload your picture direct here.
Just scroll a bit down, and attach your files.
And you can't really call this a trackpack, because there are just different layouts.
Please correct that (just edit your first post)
Greets,
XYY
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

XYY wrote:Please upload your picture direct here.
Just scroll a bit down, and attach your files.
And you can't really call this a trackpack, because there are just different layouts.
Please correct that (just edit your first post)
Greets,
XYY
Shouldn't moderators be able to do that :scratch:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Where is problem, Quklis? :)
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Just that fixing the problem would be the most efficient way, new users may not read the forum so often and I think it's also moderator's duty to fix problems. Though instructing is too.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Fixing problems is not job of mods. Have you ever seen e.g. Tuomo to resize another's oversized screenshot? No. Mod notifies mistakes and breakings of rules, punishes it sometimes, cleans forum from files breaking the rules and mainly Mod shows to a user correct way, how can solve his mistake. Almost never Mod solves it instead of him, because it would have no value obviously - the user would do same mistake again next time. Best thing, which is needed now, is to learn andrew2209, how to upload files up to forum correctly. XYY used optimal way - a hint to andrew2209. ;)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

exactly, ivo is right, if andrew2209 corrects his own mistakes, he will know for next time :bg:

also, you should use a screenshot from the game rather than from track previewer. just press F11 or F12 to take a screenshot ingame

as for the track, its a pretty typical first track really. Although there are some ideas that show you have thought about the track and your object placement. also it looks like you used external editors, which is a good start!

i obviuosly suggest you look in the tutorial section of the forum, some good trackmaking tips in there that will help you improve, but a decent enough start, keep practicing :bg: