[cir] [tpk] Boundary Bay

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
resir014

[cir] [tpk] Boundary Bay

Post by resir014 »

:cflag: Boundary Bay :cflag:
Before I start designing this track, I was actually bored, with no actual designs popping out of my head :rofl: then after I seen Paw's Brigwene track, that was actually designed by some guys in the 10-Tenths Motorsports Forum, I checked that forum thread and I saw a lot of good designs, and this design, although a bit bland, caught my attention.

This track was designed by Lee Janotta in the 10-Tenths Motorsports Forum. It took place at the real-world location of Boundary Bay Airport (CZBB) in Delta, Canada.

The pack contains three versions of the track: the shortest Club circuit, the not-too circular External circuit, and the GP circuit.

Credits mainly go to:
- Lee Janotta, the original designer of the track that was posted here
- mac, the person who started the trackdesigning thread at the 10-Tenths Motorsports Forum. Thanks mac, the designs on your thread are all great. Too bad it's closed now :weep:
- Fish_Flakes, sorry if I used one of your track designing scenario for one of my track designing project thread :P

And last of all, this track is dedicated to all the track designers at the 10-Tenths Motorsports Forum. Thank you guys. Your tracks are amazing.

EDIT: Apparently I forgot something to add with in this thread. I'll post it now.
The Airport Chart of Boundary Bay (CZBB) Airport
Attachments
Boundary Bay v1.0
Boundary Bay v1.0
Boundary Bay.zip
(75.9 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
dead14vii1640

Re: [cir] [tpk] Boundary Bay

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Resi, cool track, don't hear to what object-addicts say :cool: ...
Personal request for you, will you make this track based on an ORIGINAL (and fictional) layout by me??
http://maps.google.es/maps/ms?oe=UTF-8& ... 1&t=k&z=16
Track has to be run clockwise, starting on the upper straight and having the pit lane on the furthermost upper road.
Layout is 2,52km and it's located on the closest small airport to my house. Barcelona-El Prat is closer but is an International airport and roads are just HUGE.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

well, when i mentioned about you only using half the map to make the track in the preview thread, you said
I know that I didn't use the whole portion of the WS. I did that on purpose. I use WS somewhere beyond 200 (255 maybe? ) but I also think that I'll save up a space for the additional lmaps so that I save up more on track size and the track will also look smaller. I tested the lmaps by tuning the WS but this works much better for me.
now, i know die996 then went on a bit of a mission :boxing: trying to promote empty spaces, which i dont mind when done well (just look at my Melrose Park!) but the top right is a massive let down on this track.
What you had done was looking good, but then it looks like you didnt really know what to do with the space (or whatever it was you had planned, you couldnt be bothered to do, as you may have got bored with the track :shrug: ).
But you just stuck a few trees there, very sparse, and very regimented in their positioning, i mean, even just placing the trees in a more natural style would have worked better, leaving that open space that die996 is so passionate about :D.

so imho, a bit of a shame with that top right, the only other niggle being the width consistancy of the added racetrack bit, which you made wider :up: but its just a bit wobbly.

It's still a good effort mind you, im just saying these things to try and help you improve next time :bg:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Looks correct I think. You've improved. :bg:
resir014

Post by resir014 »

die996 wrote:Resi, cool track, don't hear to what object-addicts say :cool: ...
Personal request for you, will you make this track based on an ORIGINAL (and fictional) layout by me??
http://maps.google.es/maps/ms?oe=UTF-8& ... 1&t=k&z=16
Track has to be run clockwise, starting on the upper straight and having the pit lane on the furthermost upper road.
Layout is 2,52km and it's located on the closest small airport to my house. Barcelona-El Prat is closer but is an International airport and roads are just HUGE.
I'll try to come up with something in a few weeks. Let me learn how to put lmap objects first :lol:

@BBA: I was planning to add a bit of a lake to the top right, but that would be unrealistic, as that place is just a barren, empty land.

EDIT: And looks like (from Crowella's Rough Guide to Making Quality Tracks) I found my inspiration in trackmaking:
That's you, BBA. :lol:
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The trees on top right are really big con of this track. They are too regularly placed (almost in lines, distances between each other are same). It's not naturally looking at all. :(

100% agree with BBA. Look on egamad's Oriator, how to do good forests in big WS. ;)
Paw

Post by Paw »

Another good example of nice looking "emptiness" is Klerksdorp by BBA and Ivo - here.