[cir] Costa di Velocita

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
andrew2209

[cir] Costa di Velocita

Post by andrew2209 »

As the title suggests, this track is based in Italy, near the ocean. It's a seaside track on roads twisting through the local hills, and the tight hairpins and fences means that one mistake and it all goes wrong.
Attachments
shot0040.png
Costa di Velocita.zip
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Costa di Velocita

Post by Trigger Happy »

One of eldest hints for trackmaking says to keep same width of layout everywhere around. Other tips you can find in our tutorial section, so don't forget to browse it. Otherwise the track is not bad, I can see there many promising details. With practice you can be great trackmaker soon. :)
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Ivo Porč wrote:One of eldest hints for trackmaking says to keep same width of layout everywhere around. Other tips you can find in our tutorial section, so don't forget to browse it. Otherwise the track is not bad, I can see there many promising details. With practice you can be great trackmaker soon. :)
I have never understood the width "rule", real tracks have variable widths. Start straights are the widest parts while some turns are specially narrower than the rest of the track "thanks" to the orography (real-life HMap for Inter-nerds), which doesn't allow to keep the width.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

die996 wrote:
Ivo Porč wrote:One of eldest hints for trackmaking says to keep same width of layout everywhere around. Other tips you can find in our tutorial section, so don't forget to browse it. Otherwise the track is not bad, I can see there many promising details. With practice you can be great trackmaker soon. :)
I have never understood the width "rule", real tracks have variable widths. Start straights are the widest parts while some turns are specially narrower than the rest of the track "thanks" to the orography (real-life HMap for Inter-nerds), which doesn't allow to keep the width.
Same width just looks better.