[roa] [cir] Mirabelle

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Thunderstrucker

Re: [roa] [cir] Mirabelle

Post by Thunderstrucker »

completely awesome.
EDIT:for lorenzo, sorry about that, just beacuse i was so much concentrated to the track, that i forgot what i would say... :sorry:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Small :bump: Well, RapBR123 was faster than me... :(

As everyone else has told how awesome this track is (and it is indeed), I would instead like to point out a couple things which I don't like.

-Layout is fun and it has a good flow, but nevertheless I think it's a bit too twisty. Could use one longer straight, because now you don't have time to relax during a race.
-Because of these sunk tires you can't drive that aggressively, because driving over the sunk tires costs you so much time. For example, if you fall behind AI's, it's harder to catch them. So I would prefer normal sunk tires :shrug:

I couldn't think of anything else to complain about.. Maybe view angle could be a bit higher. Also some good things:

-Usually GR tracks tend to have a lot of green, but here the dominative color is light brown :yummy:
-AI line's difficulty is perfect
- :up: for not much walls

Btw I agree with Buka ;) edit: And also with Lorenzo below.
Last edited by AleksiNir on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

RapBR123 wrote:completely awesome
Do you really have to say it (or something similar) in each track topic? If you don't have something constructive, you should really consider whether post it or not. Such a comments may be annoying even when you're not breaking '30 days' rule.
About 60 posts in few days... it'd be nice result if most of them wasn't spam (or at least off topic).
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

aleksinir wrote:-Layout is fun and it has a good flow, but nevertheless I think it's a bit too twisty. Could use one longer straight, because now you don't have time to relax during a race.
The track was planned as to sit in landscape, where is no place for bigger straights (roads copy surrounding hills), so I didn't want to directly draw a visually long straight, but I tried to solve this issue by fast section from bottom-right to top-middle (longs straight- fast left - very fast series of mild curves - right turn to T crossing), where the driver could enjoy pressing the throttle more. (But not to relax! Driver may relax in a club's bar or in a coffin or with a girl in caravan, but not on course of my track! There he should perspire his blood, if he wants to win. :twisted: ) Seriously, in fact I remembered during making the layout, that particularly you weren't very happy from layout of Moore Belt, I hoped, that that's OK. :shrug: From same reasons I chose for quite short s/f straight btw.
aleksinir wrote:-Because of these sunk tires you can't drive that aggressively, because driving over the sunk tires costs you so much time. For example, if you fall behind AI's, it's harder to catch them. So I would prefer normal sunk tires :shrug:
It's their reason to make time costs. :D I tried to leave lot of room between track and sunk tyre (almost like there would be a kerb stripe). But in my next WIP I already use single tyres. :bg:
aleksinir wrote:Maybe view angle could be a bit higher.
I noticed, that this starts to be part of my style, even if it's not so drastically low like sometimes use e.g. future design or Ms..., but generally I like to point out differences in hmap (uphills/downhills or e.g. bankings) by lower PoV. :scratch:

But I'm happy, that you generally like it, Aleksi (especially note about AI line from you is honor :)) and I'm glad for many other nice comments. :happythanks:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Inb4 bump

Great track, just love it. Road flows very nicely, kind of like Clermont-Ferrand meets Spa-Francorchamps :scratch: The light brown color scheme is just great, though it somehow resembles me of Argentina or Chile :really: