Car Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Onik37

Re: Car Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers

Post by Onik37 »

Marco wrote:@up Onik37
Looks good :bg: If this really is you first project, I am really impressed.
I'd recommend making the front outside tip of the lights slightly more narrower.
20171003_233208.jpg
Also: are you planing on making other Gr.C cars?
Hi Marco
Thanks, I will try different positions of these light vertex :bg:
Well, there are many group C cars that deserve to be created.
For example: the Sauber Mercedes C9 or the Toyota 88C-V, perhaps I will make these two in the future.
Now I would be focused to the Mazdas for making my better work.
I'll cross my fingers! :mrgreen:
Herbal wrote:Hi Onik! To be honest, that's what I call an interesting entry to carmakers field, since your models look absolutely promising! I guess, that you are actually not a beginner in modeling, and you're also after reading through several tutorials, but I can suggest you using resir014's physics calculator for help, if you would get lost with physics values.

Ah and please: create the harlequin-colored paintjob, too! :mrgreen: (Don't forget, for fix poly colors use the ones where the following two color has the similar hue)
Many thanks Herbal
It makes me great honor :happythanks:
I walked around several days in the "carpark" of GR for not reproduce a model that was already exist.
This is my first project, but not my first model... it's the third or the forth lol :lol:
Jokes apart, I'm at the beginning of carmaking, and I haven't seen any tutorial... just practice, loooooots of practice. Also thanks for your tip, I'm on it! :squid:
Onik37 approves >uO
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Those Group C Mazdas look great!
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Looking forward to those Group Cs :bg:
Onik37

Post by Onik37 »

Here we are :heyea:
I worked at the Mazda 787B with a more minutious work :sherlock:
These are the changes that I've been made
Modified the vertices position on the rear of the car and advanced the rear axle to make the 787B shorter like the real one
Modified the vertices position on the rear of the car and advanced the rear axle to make the 787B shorter like the real one
Modified height, width and retraction of the cockpit to increase the realism with the original line of the Mazda
Modified height, width and retraction of the cockpit to increase the realism with the original line of the Mazda
Modified the out vertices of the light to make them narrower (under Marco's hint), totally reconstructed the front with new air intakes and changed the polygon position to make the classical "harlequin" livery of the Renown 787B
Modified the out vertices of the light to make them narrower (under Marco's hint), totally reconstructed the front with new air intakes and changed the polygon position to make the classical "harlequin" livery of the Renown 787B
I hope you like it :bg:
Onik37 approves >uO
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

I think that's all I need to say...

Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Marco

Post by Marco »

:iagree:
And those air intakes looks amazing :shock:
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars
Onik37

Post by Onik37 »

Thaks guys... In a few days I think it will be available for all :D
Meantime I would start a small stand alone project for a very special car from GT4. :bump:
Bye for now :bg:
Onik37 approves >uO
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Attachments
grhbeat.png
grhbeat.png (27.13 KiB) Viewed 15116 times
Onik37

Post by Onik37 »

Hi all guys...
I have a new small project in the meantime for waiting my group C models to arrive, what do you think? ;)
These are the Autobianchi A112... one of my favourite italian 80's small sport cars. Obviously I have one in the real life ♥♥♥
These are the Autobianchi A112... one of my favourite italian 80's small sport cars. Obviously I have one in the real life ♥♥♥
Onik37 approves >uO
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

These models of Onik look really tasty I must say, it's an amazing starting point.

Onik, se stai pensando tuttora sul creare modello della fisica per i tuoi automobili puoi dare un'occhiata al mio pachetto The Garage che include un bel po di modelli, e la diversità anche c'è (dai automobili dell'inizio del secolo scorso ai supercar), se la fisica ti piacerebbe oppure vorresti per caso usarla come una base per i tuoi prossimi progetti potrei fornirti i detagli come calcolarla (il metodo, direi, è abbastanza semplice e non richiede tanti input come gli altri calcolatrici che conosco). Tuttavia, complimenti, quello che ci hai mostrato e molto rinfrescante, sicuramente alcuni dei modelli più belli dei mesi scorsi su questo forum. :bg:

(English: I basically suggested him to take a look a The Garage if he looks for an inspiration in terms of physics or wants to have a simple yet efficient method of calculating it, and congratulated on the current work.)
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

A little concept of my rally prototype, based on buggy cars.

Look also Lambda LB-7E1.

Which one is better?
LB-7E2.png
LB-7E2.png (6.42 KiB) Viewed 14864 times
LB-7E2b.png
LB-7E2b.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 14864 times
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
puttz

Post by puttz »

I like the top one best.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

They seem perfect for Autocross :) could be a competition :D.
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Onik37 wrote:Hi all guys...
I have a new small project in the meantime for waiting my group C models to arrive, what do you think? ;)
Very impressive models! :clap: Awesome considering these are your first cars!
Lorenzo wrote:These models of Onik look really tasty I must say, it's an amazing starting point.

Onik, se stai pensando tuttora sul creare modello della fisica per i tuoi automobili puoi dare un'occhiata al mio pachetto The Garage che include un bel po di modelli, e la diversità anche c'è (dai automobili dell'inizio del secolo scorso ai supercar), se la fisica ti piacerebbe oppure vorresti per caso usarla come una base per i tuoi prossimi progetti potrei fornirti i detagli come calcolarla (il metodo, direi, è abbastanza semplice e non richiede tanti input come gli altri calcolatrici che conosco). Tuttavia, complimenti, quello che ci hai mostrato e molto rinfrescante, sicuramente alcuni dei modelli più belli dei mesi scorsi su questo forum. :bg:

(English: I basically suggested him to take a look a The Garage if he looks for an inspiration in terms of physics or wants to have a simple yet efficient method of calculating it, and congratulated on the current work.)
I'd like to know how it works your physic system... :hide: (Nice italian anyway!)
puttz wrote:I like the top one best.
I agree :bg:
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

I decided to push forward one of my older projects, residues of which have been visible in my avatar for around two years, and that's what I came up with.

The question now is how to deal with physics. As far as I know, there is no (at least medium-quality) star wars racer related track, but maybe someone could recommend some tracks where these podracers would be most suitable? Then the physics might be tuned accordingly.

btw. who can tell the names these podracers without looking it up in the Internet? :shhh:
Attachments
[Lorenzo] Star Wars Racer v0.1.zip
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
racer1.png
Last edited by Lorenzo on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
puttz

Post by puttz »

cool stuff! The middle one is Sebulba, I think the top one is Aldar Beedo, not sure who the bottom is. I know there is a Boonta Eve track out there, maybe try some of the F-Zero inspired tracks by Masa: http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... f=6&t=3894
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

One of my upcoming project...
Attachments
touring_cars.png
Lambda Motosports

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Are you planning to do all TCR cars, or only those in the forthcomming WTCR? Since these could be helpful for the management tournament idea that wrote to you
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

I'm going to make every available TCR car:

-Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR
-Audi RS3 LMS
-Fiat Tipo TCR
-Ford Focus TCR
-Honda Civic Type-R TCR
-Hyundai i30 N TCR
-Kia Cee'd GT TCR
-Lada Vesta TCR
-Opel Astra TCR
-Peugeot 308 TCR
-Renault Megane TCR
-SEAT Leon TCR (Cupra TCR)
-Subaru WRX Sti TCR
-Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR
-Volvo S60 TCR
Lambda Motosports

ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Gzehoo wrote:I'm going to make every available TCR car:

-Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR
-Audi RS3 LMS
-Fiat Tipo TCR
-Ford Focus TCR
-Honda Civic Type-R TCR
-Hyundai i30 N TCR
-Kia Cee'd GT TCR
-Lada Vesta TCR
-Opel Astra TCR
-Peugeot 308 TCR
-Renault Megane TCR
-SEAT Leon TCR (Cupra TCR)
-Subaru WRX Sti TCR
-Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR
-Volvo S60 TCR
I think that you're aware that there are two different Honda Civic TCR cars - the FK2 based on mk9 Civic and the FK8 which is based on the current mk10 Civic?
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Nice project Gzehoo, but difficult (how many TCR cars have been made in such few years!).
You could add to the list the BAIC Senova D50 TCR...
...for ivaneurope, not only the Civic, there are also two differents Focus and Astra... :doh:
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Yeah, but I'm not going to make more than one car from each manufacturer.
Lambda Motosports

Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Wise decision :bg:
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Gzehoo wrote:Yeah, but I'm not going to make more than one car from each manufacturer.
So no FK2 Civic then? My management tournament is suposed to have the FK2 Civic as cheaper vehicle. Using Herbal's carset (which has the afromentioned Mk9 Civic) wouldn't match with yours and is missing some newer cars (like Mk10 Civic, i30).

PS: Have you tried to do the old WTCC cars (2014-2017) as I could borrow the Mk9 Civic from there?
Horrormous wrote:not only the Civic, there are also two differents Focus and Astra
Yes, I'm aware, but these were stopgap cars for the innaugural season as well as the obscure Audi TT Cup car.
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

...later than usual...
[attachment=0]WRCTEAS3.jpg[/attachment]
... :stir: ...
Attachments