[tou] Astor's V12 Hot Rod

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

[tou] Astor's V12 Hot Rod

Post by Krisu »

You see, I'm going to tell you a little story. Once upon a time there was a man named Chris Astor.

After there has been the Lotus 7 available for quite some time, mr. Astor was thinking about what was the success of the Lotus.
Indeed, a simple yet very effective combination of a very lightweight chassis, hot rod-like body and a cheap, small engine attached in the front was something that was available for everyman. Agreeing the Lotus 7 concept of being a great idea, Astor didn't really feel the car so fascinating. He wanted more, than a small, easy-to-drive machine. And then he started to work with his own project. Right from the beginning, the car's core has been a badass, not a pure race machine, but a close-to V12. Adding there a regular or a custom hot rod cabin converted to be a single seater, Astor got the weight distribution to be better.
While adding some back-then modern innovations like a rigid half-monocoque chassis, independent front suspension and some smaller safety efforts like a proper, race-ready driver's seat and seatbelts, he wanted to respect original spirit of classic American hot rods. A sleek body, a simple transmission and rear suspension are a must to keep repairing the car easy and wallet-friendly. And what's the best, the car can fully be driven on public roads if only a simple set of headlights are added! The necessary electrics are already in the car, for an easy install.

(Chris Astor has never confirmed that whose the V12 engine is, but the sound of it has given us a hint he says...)

Now you shall rise a certain finger, for those who complain about the big, noisy and thirsty engine, and do some racing! :D
Attachments
HotRod V12.zip
(12.3 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
HotRod V12.PNG
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [tou] Astor's V12 Hot Rod

Post by Krisu »

Oh thanks about this great amount of interest!

Seriously, I've planned to release some new cars but maybe won't if interest level is this
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [tou] Astor's V12 Hot Rod

Post by Trigger Happy »

I don't see anything very extraordinary about reactions - look on last releases of others like Ms..' '50s cars - this subforum simply works more slowly, I think, that 24 hours is still too early to ask for feedback (especially in middle of week, when people are most busy).

The car is excellent btw. :bg: Perfect for reckless driving on road track. :elvis: